Thread: Connecting Samsung Galaxy Y to the internet via. usb cable(desktop)

Connecting Samsung Galaxy Y to the internet via. usb cable(desktop)

The title says it all, I want to connect my new phone to the desktop and use the internet I just want to know if I would be able to do that or not? Actually I enabled the internet connection but I can see that ipv4 and ipv6 are not having any internet connection at all, internet sharing has also been enabled. What more can I try? Any advise from your side would be highly appreciated. So start answering guys.

Re: Connecting Samsung Galaxy Y to the internet via. usb cable(desktop)

Quote Originally Posted by BluFFMast.ER View Post
    The title says it all, I want to connect my new phone to the desktop and use the internet I just want to know if I would be able to do that or not? Actually I enabled the internet connection but I can see that ipv4 and ipv6 are not having any internet connection at all, internet sharing has also been enabled. What more can I try? Any advise from your side would be highly appreciated. So start answering guys.
    Well that method is called as reverse tethering, just do a simple search in the internet about it and you will be able to get all the necessary steps related to it. Frankly speaking I don’t have much knowledge about the reverse tethering. So do some research on your own.

Re: Connecting Samsung Galaxy Y to the internet via. usb cable(desktop)

Reverse tethering allows you ti surf on your phone using the ADSL of your PC, well that app is still in the development stages and will be out soon, so do stay glued to the android market if you can get that app for the reverse tethering.

So I hope that was a bit useful for you.