Thread: Need a Custom ROM for Samsung Galaxy Y that will enable flash plugin

Need a Custom ROM for Samsung Galaxy Y that will enable flash plugin

I hope you all guys have read the title properly. So basically that is what I want in my new Samsung galaxy y. so anyone present here who has some good knowledge about the modding stuff then they should give a reply over here about the same, if there is any possibility for the modification of the custom roms then do let me know about it. That’s my question for you all, if you have any responses then do let me know as soon as possible. Waiting for your appropriate responses.

Re: Need a Custom ROM for Samsung Galaxy Y that will enable flash plugin

Ok do as what I am saying here first of all to get started with the method, your phone should be rooted totally. Now once your phone is rooted what you have to do is
    1) Go to the android market and download terminal emulator from there.
    2) Now open it and type 'su' without quotes, grant them the required rights.
    3) Now type the following line tar -c /system/* >> PDA.tar.
    4) Now having done that you will get the tar file in the sd card, now once you have got that type mount there.
    5) You will be getting a long text just copy and poste it in a word document and then send it to me.
    I will look into it. I hope this suggestion will help you. Do try it and send it to me.

I did try what you had asked me to do but I am facing some hurdle in the step number 3. Now when I am typing the command ‘tar -c /system/* >> PDA.tar’ it is saying that it cannot create PDA.tar read-only file system. Now why is it giving so? I am not able to understand at all.

What is your take on the same?

Quote Originally Posted by M@ndy View Post
    I did try what you had asked me to do but I am facing some hurdle in the step number 3. Now when I am typing the command ‘tar -c /system/* >> PDA.tar’ it is saying that it cannot create PDA.tar read-only file system. Now why is it giving so? I am not able to understand at all.

What is your take on the same?
    Dude I think you haven’t read the instructions properly in the second line I had clearly mentioned that you have to make use of the word su and that too without quotes and then type the command. It seems that you haven’t used the word su and hence it is giving you such kind of notification. So do look into that and then reply accordingly over here.

Quote Originally Posted by TamaraAce View Post
    Dude I think you haven’t read the instructions properly in the second line I had clearly mentioned that you have to make use of the word su and that too without quotes and then type the command. It seems that you haven’t used the word su and hence it is giving you such kind of notification. So do look into that and then reply accordingly over here.
    Thanks for notifying me over here but what I am saying here is that I did follow all the steps that you had asked me to do. First of all my phone is rooted and then in the beginning of the command line I had typed su and then followed it with the command and then also it is giving me this kind of read only file system notification why?

Sorry for interrupting in the middle of the conversation but if you all don’t mind then even I would like to say something over here about the said issue.

So what I want to say is that type su and mount in the command line.

Now locate the path for /system.

Once you get it type this ‘mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 your_system_device /system’. I just want to warn you that this procedure will probably require lots of space and hence my advise would be to mount it in the sd card, that would be the convenient option for you.

Now ‘tar -c /system/* >> /sdcard/PDA.tar’, then start replacing the ‘your_system_device’ path with the new path that you got after mounting.

I hope this does helps you.

I don’t know what to say over here but I should surely say that its one of my bad days in the office. I tried your step mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 your_system_device /system(/dev/stl9) but after that it is telling me
    “usage :mount[-r][-w][-o options][-t type] device directry”, now what next?

Quote Originally Posted by M@ndy View Post
    I don’t know what to say over here but I should surely say that its one of my bad days in the office. I tried your step mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 your_system_device /system(/dev/stl9) but after that it is telling me
    “usage :mount[-r][-w][-o options][-t type] device directry”, now what next?
    Ok then try this one and do let me know if it is working or not
    mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/stl9 /system

Quote Originally Posted by Kork View Post
    Ok then try this one and do let me know if it is working or not
    mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/stl9 /system
    Ok I will try that and let you know soon. Anyways thanks for trying hard to get me some solutions. Appreciate your efforts.