Thread: cannot open picture and music file in Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc S.

Arrow cannot open picture and music file in Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc S.

I am using Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc S. from one month. It is very nice phone. I like my phone. But now a day’s my mobile is having problem. My mobile cannot open picture and music file. When I capture images that image save in SD card when I try to open that image it shows broken icon. What can be the solution? Can someone please help?

Re: cannot open picture and music file in Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc S.

I am having the exact same problem. My all images are stored in memory card but I am unable to open that images and having same problem with the sound file when I try to play some audio files then my mobiles shows "cannot play this track/music" this error message and I am not able to figure out a way. Please help me to solve this problem.

If you are experiencing this problem then try another memory card this may because of faulty memory card. Or
    Go to settings =>> storage =>> unmount SD card after this
    Go to settings =>> applications =>> Manage applications =>> All =>> music, remove everything also remove everything from gallery
    Then turn off your mobile phone do not remove battery, remove only memory card now hold the power button for several seconds after this insert memory card battery and switch on your mobile. This may solve your problem.

If you are experiencing this problem then try another memory card this may because of faulty memory card. Or
    Go to settings =>> storage =>> unmount SD card after this
    Go to settings =>> applications =>> Manage applications =>> All =>> music, remove everything also remove everything from gallery
    Then turn off your mobile phone do not remove battery, remove only memory card now hold the power button for several seconds after this insert memory card battery and switch on your mobile. This may solve your problem.
    Thanks for the quick response; I follow all above instructions carefully, but it not works for me. I remove everything from my gallery then also I am experiencing same problem. Please help me to solve this problem. Now I'm deeply disappointed with my Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc S. Any more solutions are also appreciated. Please help.

If you are experiencing same problem then check the android version and build number of your phone by:-
    • Go to settings --> about phone
    If your version is out of date then this may cause this problem. Upgrade your android version. This may solve your problem.

idea Re: cannot open picture and music file in Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc S.

Remove your memory card from your phone. Backup your phone memory contact list, messages, notes etc using Sony Ericsson backup application. You can download this application from Sony Ericsson official site. After backup of your phone go to setting and select restore factory settings. This may take several minutes wait for some minutes do not remove battery during this process and maintain your battery charging level over 50% before doing this process. Then your phone will work as good as new phone works.

ThumbsUp Re: cannot open picture and music file in Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc S.

Thank you very much your solution works for me. But I forgot to back up the phone memory so my all contacts and messages are deleted. Except this my mobile is working fine now no problem with the pictures as well as audio files. If anyone going to follow this process do not forgot to backup your data.