Thread: Magnetic sensor works inconsistently in Motorola DROID XYBOARD 10.1

Arrow Magnetic sensor works inconsistently in Motorola DROID XYBOARD 10.1

I am using Motorola DROID XYBOARD 10.1 from one month. This is very nice tablet. It works fine for me. But my Motorola DROID XYBOARD 10.1 has one problem. The magnetic sensor of the Motorola DROID XYBOARD 10.1 works inconsistently. Has anyone else had this issue?? What can be the solution? Can someone please help?

Re: Magnetic sensor works inconsistently in Motorola DROID XYBOARD 10.1

I am having the exact same problem and I am not able to figure out a way. I am using Motorola DROID XYBOARD 10.1 tablet from one and half month. Now I having problem with the magnetic sensor. Sometime only positive value is registered only. If I rotate the tablet then the direction of compass also changes. It’s really annoying. What can be the solution? Advice would be very welcome please.

I read your problem and search internet for the solution. I think your application is may be faulty. This inconsistently may be because of the incorrect application. Download the most recommended software from the android market. For example Max Magnetic Field Detector, Sensor List, etc there are several applications are available on android market. Download any software and check the results again if the same result with other applications then the problem may be in your tablet or in driver.

Thanks for the quick response , I appreciate it. I have downloaded Max Magnetic Field Detector, Sensor List application in my Motorola DROID XYBOARD 10.1 but I am getting the same inconsistent results with magnetic sensor. I have also updated my driver, software but the result is same. Now I am frustrated with the magnetic sensor of the DROID XYBOARD 10.1 please help me to solve this problem. Any help would be appreciated

The Magnetic field is affected by other magnetic field. Do you have any magnetic substance near DROID XYBOARD 10.1 if yes then this will affect the results due to this the magnetic sensor applications are unable to display correct results. Keep away all magnetic substances from your DROID XYBOARD 10.1 then you will get correct results. I hope that the problem will be corrected for you soon.

Thanks for the help guys I appreciate it. That problem was because of the my 2.1 speakers which was near my DROID XYBOARD 10.1 the speaker is made up of magnets and the magnetic field of the 2.1 speakers affects the result and shows incorrect direction. Now I remove that 2.1 speaker from my desk. Now ny magnetic sensors works fine for me.