Thread: Unable to use GPS in sony ericsson arc s LT18i

Unable to use GPS in sony ericsson arc s LT18i

I love all the application present in my xperia arc s LT18i. But I am unable to use GPS (Global Positioning System). I tried all possible ways but it’s unable to locate anything. I made all the setting and also followed all the instruction mentioned in the user guide but still I am unable to run the application. Guys please help me in running the application; I am in India right now.

Re: Unable to use GPS in sony ericsson arc s LT18i

Just make sure that you are connected to internet. I think you are aware about the thing that, to run GPS application it is necessary for the mobile phone to get connected to the internet. So please make sure that your internet or WAP service is activate, if not then you can contact the service provider or the network operator to provide you with the settings.
    If you are able to run or use rest all other applications present in your phone then you can try out the following settings:

Go to Settings > Location and Security Settings

Then enable the first two options….

Hey friend I don’t have any problem with the GPU. I am just here to clear one of my doubts and also to get a solution. Can you people me whether it is possible to get the mobile internet setting without consulting or contacting the customer care?
    I am just unable to get in touch with the service operator due to which I am not able to get the settings. So is there any other alternate solution to get the setting for my mobile phone internet. I heard that we can also possibly do the manual setting, is it true?

Yes definitely you can get the settings for your phone manually in order to activate internet in your handset. But for that you need to have the information regarding the access point and so on. In short if you have the manual setting then definitely you can active net in your phone without the help of the care center. In case if you get the information of manual setting then just go and complete the procedure:

Go to settings > sony ericsson > internet settings.

Same thing is happening in my phone too. I can’t fix the GPS problem. GPS is unable to locate my location. Whenever I go on to locate my location in the map after few seconds it gives me a message “your location is unavailable”, using an GPS status application I was able to fix more than 6 satellite that too only if I hold my phone in a right position and wait for about 5 minutes. My network coverage is always fine then what could be the issue.

I am not sure whether it is going to solve your problem but then too you can try it out. Just try clear he data and uninstall the updates from maps. In unable to locate the data and files then follow the sequence:

Go settings > applications > storage use > maps

Then clear the data and don’t forget to uninstall the updates as I told you before.

Tried all possible solutions provided above but still the result is same. Actually now the result is not the same, initially whenever I opened the GPS application it failed to locate my location by now it do not give such result in fact now it shows me an error message “no coverage” at the time of opening the application.
    Now I doubt my GPS application, I think the problem lies in my application. I am using a wisepilot application which I got from the market itself.

If wisepilot doesn’t work then you can also go on with some other GPS application. Wisepilot is not the only one, there are lot more apps present in the market that too with higher priorities but I am not sure whether they will work in you handset.

• Google Maps Navigation
    • Loopt
    • Glympse
    • Locale
    • Places Directory
    • CoPilot
    • Wisepilot

These are the top 7 android GPS application that runs the best global mapping. You have already tried the last one i.e. wisepilot, so except for that you can chose any one and get it from the market.