Thread: No service after upgrading iPhone 3GS to iOS 5

No service after upgrading iPhone 3GS to iOS 5

I am using iPhone 3GS and upgraded the device with iOS 5 making use of iTunes. After completing with the upgrade process the device of mine booted up, but it was not active. As I have connected the device with iTunes there was no sim installed on the device itself. Can you tell me what went wrong in this particular situation. I am waiting for the prompt replies of yours. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: No service after upgrading iPhone 3GS to iOS 5

I was also suffering from the above mentioned issue and done following steps to fix the issue. I am hoping it will help someone.
    • I have connected phone with Mac and launched iTunes on my system.
    • Now remove the sim card from the phone and put phone into DFU mode so that you can recovery with iTunes.
    • Now you should launch redsn0w and look for the options in it.
    • After that select Install Cydia, Install ipad baseband and select de-activate phone.
    • Wait till the entire process is completed and phone booted and got an error message ‘No sim card inserted’ after that I reinserted the sim card.
    • Finally continue with the setup and I don’t think so you will not have any issue.

You should press and hold power button for 5 seconds, press and hold Home button for 10 seconds, after that you should release power button still hold the home button for the 15 seconds.

As far as I know there is no need of checking the deactivate box which will allow you to boot your phone without doing the steps for activation process.
    • You should launch Cydia and go for Manage, look for Sources, and choose repo666.ultrasn0w.com. and reinstall ultrasn0w.
    • After that you should insert Sim card and you will get full network bar on your device.

In order to resolve the problem I posting below mentioned steps which will be helpful to you.

You should reset network settings by using following steps.

Go for Settings and go for General and go for Reset and tap on Reset Network Settings.

You should remove the sim card from the phone and turn off it. after couple of minutes you have to reinsert the sim card and turn on the device. This will work since any phone after booting automatically search for the local tower for the connections.

If you got zero results after trying all the above mentioned steps than you should contact the technical support team and get the solution for problem which you are facing.