Thread: Emails automatically disappear from inbox in sony ericsson xperia arc s

Emails automatically disappear from inbox in sony ericsson xperia arc s

My sony ericsson xperia arc s is the coolest one I have ever got. It has the best design and features. But still I am here to get a solution from you all people. I don’t think there is anything wrong with the handset but with my email. I am using Vodafone, my Email is working fine but I am facing a problem where my emails are automatically disappears from the inbox. In details when I receives any mail and decides to keep it in my inbox, everything is fine but whenever I receives another batch of mails, the previous mails get automatically disappear. I am sure there is no problem with my phone, but then what could be the problem?

Re: Emails automatically disappear from inbox in sony ericsson xperia arc s

I am not sure but then too you can search in trash for the disappeared emails. It’s because most probably any deleting activity done on emails makes your email to transfer to trash. As you may be aware that whenever you delete an email, it goes into trash section. So may be in your case too, the disappeared messages somehow transferred to the trash. Just check it out and let me know the status.

I searched there and didn’t find any of my disappeared emails. But when I purposely delete any of my email from the inbox it goes to the trash but not in case of disappeared emails.
    Currently I am using POP/SMTP and I wanted to reload as an IMAP account, in fact I tried the same but didn’t work. It made no difference reloading as IMAP account.

So far I think it is one of the most known and common issue which has not yet came up with any solution. I am facing the same problem from last 1 month but didn’t get any solution for the same. But to get rid of this email issue I replaced the phone from the center and right now using it. And now my emails are secure and never get deleted automatically from the inbox.

If you don’t want to replace the phone then you can change or switch on to some other mail application. I would suggest you to get k9 mail application. It’s an android mailing application used for android phone. K-9 is an open source email client based on the Email application shipped with the initial release of Android.
    Another alternative is try to update your phone if possible.