Thread: Sony Ericsson Xperia ARC S GPS is not working

Sony Ericsson Xperia ARC S GPS is not working

There is a problem with my xperia arc s. The problem is I cannot use the gps. I have been trying to connect it from the past few days but it won’t connect at all. I also tried Google maps and other apps and it works only with wireless or internet connection. Does anyone know about it?

Re: Sony Ericsson Xperia ARC S GPS is not working

Perhaps the app saves the GPS, I'd uninstall and let's see if the problem persists. Or the GPS has not been "fixed", it requires the phone up to 15 minutes to the sky line of sight. If the fix was done once, then it goes in seconds, with a few satellites.

It is rather strange. Just do not expect still to see notifications about it. See the icon of the gps with Fancy Widgets when updating your position. Try to download it and see if it works with FW, otherwise something actually wrong.

The update of the Fast-GPS data has nothing to do with the navigation program. If the almanac data are no longer current will only take the SAT Fix longer.

Disabling Fast GPS: Start / Settings / System / FastGPS -> [X] Manual

Was / is therefore clearly a software problem and I think it already strange that there is no solution for it. I mean, you cannot always affect SW. What does a hard reset, other than any software to put back to the origin? But should also be "manually" doable. Especially since it obviously seems to be a frequently occurring problem. Then I sometimes wonder when the GPS then again bent on a piece of SW Sun, which it is no longer awakening to life.

Unless you integrated solutions, such as "Maps" uses, you must have an active Internet connection available, because the maps are always loaded - that is, of course, you should also have a data plan. Seems as if your GPS works just fine - only the maps could not be loaded. You can install "Skobbler" and push you to the maps also on the memory card - then you need an Internet connection while navigating more.

I can indeed, with the pre-install Google Maps on the GPS receiver and data access and relate, but I did not succeed with the other programs. GPSMeter 5 finds and connects to the receiver, but cannot receive data. GPS Speedo also connects with the receiver, but does not display speed. GPS Tuner V5.4m is not even the GPS receiver. Under Settings / System / External GPS / programs see also COM 4 and accessed automatically. Have already tried a different COM port, with the same results.

With Navigon it's not long until a GPS connection is successful, other apps, it takes a little longer with me, as with smart runner. Is in the car it cause problems if, for example, a solar Protect windshield, has not with me, have such a disc, and even while Navigon works pretty well takes sometimes a little longer than outdoor air, but the GPS signal is found, and breaks in generally not dependent, except for tunnel crossings Am pleased and pleasantly surprised about the good GPS reception.

I have a few days since the Xperia Arc and am, in principle, and above all very pleased with the camera. However, I can change the default navigation from Google (which I use regularly) do not use, because the phone loses the GPS signal within minutes and not found again. Only a restart of the application help for a few more minutes until the next break comes. This behavior is reproducible even after several reboots.

I found after some searching, a useful workaround or an app with which I can now use Google Navi. I loaded the app GPSFix and when I start it before you use Google Navi, breaks from the GPS signal is no longer. At least, this "solution" with two longer tests worked successfully. Nevertheless, I hope that Sony Ericsson will correct this problem with a software update at times.

You didnt mention yet what kind of GPS receiver you r using for your mobile . I dont think that your mobile will come with any pre-inlcuded GPS receiver. You need to buy a different and connect to it by the use of bluetoooth. once the GPS receiver is connected to the phone it will show you everything properly.