Thread: Samsung Galaxy Y shows "SD card removed unexpectedly" notification

Samsung Galaxy Y shows "SD card removed unexpectedly" notification

Samsung Galaxy Y was a awesome model which I got till now . but now I am experiencing a notification daily that My new Galaxy Y shows "SD card removed unexpectedly. But as we perform a removal of card and the inserting it back , there are no problems after that . This is a very irritating issue. I'm having the most recent Firmware and I also made an attempt for formatting the SD card. But the similar difficulty keeps happening. Any suggestions regarding this case, please post them .

Re: Samsung Galaxy Y shows "SD card removed unexpectedly" notification

According to me, I suppose that I can make some possible solutions for it. And as you mentioned her, I guess that there could be problems relating with SD card, in turn relating with hardware issues. If that’s under warranty then you will be able to have a replace of it . just call the Samsung support center for any further assistance.

I also had the similar difficulty in my case, and I should say that I replaced the MC with branded one and then performed a factory reset of the phone. at present I don't have this difficulty. So I should recommend doing so as it will solve your problem too. I hope your problem will be solved. In addition to this , if the problem still persists I will show another way out. I suppose that you should safely remove the sd card. And to do so, I think that you should go to Setting and then to SD card and phone storage and finally to the Unmount SD card option.

Hey guys , I had same issue with Samsung galaxy y preciously . i came to the notice of this problem when I updated my firmware by means of samsung kies. at present my firm ware is 2.3.6. but I have to get latest sd card. currently at the time of opening sd card, it says scanning media once more . As I got some problems at this point and unable to solve it further. I don’t have enough idea in this case. if you find any way to restore previous firmware please suggest some options to do so. ? in addition to this after coming after some conclusion, i made a Touchpal installed on my sd card. but as the card is unexpectedly removed, i am not able to use the programme. I need to set it again from settings. This is really frustrating.

I had 2.3.5 version and there were no problems regarding it. But until i updated it to the most recent firmware by means of skies 2.3.6 similar error took place. sd card remove unexpectedly. Its not hardware issue.. The most recent firmware 2.3.6 is the reason. So I think that it will be fixed on the upcoming firmware 2.3.7. There were no issues or what so ever, after doing this. when i updated it to Firmware 2.3.6 , Annoying error with the sd card remove unexpectedly when phone is in inactive mode and phone restart . I will recommend for those who still at 2.3.5 don’t update your phone to 2.3.6.

I will provide some steps to solve your problem.
    1. Initially, ROOT your phone
    2. Then make a Install and then open Root Explorer.
    3. I can say that you have to edit files in the folder/ sys/devices/virtual/bdi/179: 0/read_ahead_kb by pressing and holding the read_ahead_kb then make a selection in the open text editor.
    4. Make a Replacement of the numbers in it from the default and then save and exit finally.

I can say that some are having problems as they tried the procedure which was mentioned above and there were no positive outcomes . they are also unable to see the numbers under read_ahead_kb even after pressing and holding . they will presently see a blank page. So I would like to tell you in this case that you should make a check in the root explorer. And hope latest update 2.3.7 will arise.

I made a try for this but still I am facing the error and it is not solved yet. badtrip T_T i've edited the and then had a save of it.. so Any one can make out how to reproduce the sd card error? or it will take place randomly. Will you help me further. I think that I am close to the solution. Thanks.

OK, according to me, I suppose that making of custom ROM will have a solution acting in this case. I am able to try to make a custom ROM if u all would like but not certain whether it will work or not as I don't hold the device. And if you consider that the error still exists, then Try formatting the sd card.. if you are able to give me your current stock ROM then I can handle this case further. I have a solid doubt that custom ROM will resolve it.

According to me I suppose that you should try moving all your normally use apps to your phone memory. In my end it assists a little. currently I'm trying to reformat my stock sdcard and observe how it works. I should say that You can at last Try to heavily multitask.

I HAVE SOLVED MY GALAXY Y ERROR, but before that let me tell you the solutions that I had tried that did not work for me:

The error did not occur on my original memory card but when I switch to a Kingston 8GB Class 4 the error started. My co-worker uses the same phone and switch to the same mem card and also experiencing the error since changing it.

At first i didn't mind the error but when i rooted my phone to extend my internal memory by partitioning my micro sd the problem became a big impact on linked apps on my sd card so started asking solutions to google.

Sorry for the long introduction, this what I have tried to my phone:

1) Updating my firmware - DID NOT WORK
    2) resetting my phone to factory settings and formatting my sd card inside the phone - DID NOT WORK
    3) Using SD-Booster and tried setting the cache to different numbers 1024, 2048 and 4096 -DID NOT WORK

There 1 option left that I have read on 1 of the forums that works
    CHANGING MY MICRO SD CARD- IT WORKS (YEHEY)

someone said that TRANSCEND and SAN DISK is very much compatible for android forums so I have tried it.

I bought TRANSCEND 8GB CLASS 10 ULTIMATE - REALLY WORKS AND I ALSO TRIED PARTITIONING IT AND WORKS PERFECTLY FINE.

The conclusion here is some of the android phones are not compatible to some micro sd card.

Hope it helps tell me if it works for you... please indicate your memory card so we can know what brand is not compatible for android phone especially Samsung Galaxy Y

idea Re: Samsung Galaxy Y shows "SD card removed unexpectedly" notification

i solved the problem in a very easy way.last 7 days i am testing but by the grace of Allah i am not facing any problem.
    Update Samsung Galaxy Y S5360 With Official Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread DDLA1 Firmware
    just fillow link...follow instriction