Thread: moving apps to sd card android gingerbread

moving apps to sd card android gingerbread

Hello I recently downloaded some apps which I liked the most. However I don’t want to loose them I am making some efforts to do so. To add further, I don’t have enough idea to do so. So my question is to how to move apps to sd card android Gingerbread(2.3), are we able to do it in the similar way we do it in Froyo(2.2). By making use of the ADB in the SDK by using the shell ADB and making some change in the default AppInstallLocation to 2 ? ok, if I will find better way to do that . any suggestions regarding this.

re: moving apps to sd card android gingerbread

Hey I think if are talking about the Samsung galaxy y android phone, then you will be able to change the app by making use of App2sd app from the market. You can do it in another way and that's possible by changing the default app install location by making use of ADB. I think by doing this, you will come across some solution or answer due to this.

I am also of the similar problem and I also have an identical piece of Samsung and the above solution did not worked in my case and I will say that as I am new to this, I don’t have a particular idea regarding this case and would someone state solutions as how to root galaxy y.

I will suggest some ways in which you are able to ROOT Samsung galaxy 4 Y
    1. You need to have a download file (update.zip)
    2. The second step would be to copy ZIP file to your SD-card.
    3. Then Turn off your phone
    4. After this have the device ON in the recovery Mode . this can be done by hold power, volume up, home button together.
    5. Make a selection of the update from SD Card option.
    6. You will be able to see a list of files coming from which you will have
    7. to make a choice of the file which is named as Update.zip
    8. wait for some time and then Your Galaxy Y S5360 will be now rooted!

Hello I recently downloaded some apps which I liked the most. However I don’t want to loose them I am making some efforts to do so. To add further, I don’t have enough idea to do so. So my question is to how to move apps to sd card android Gingerbread(2.3), are we able to do it in the similar way we do it in Froyo(2.2). By making use of the ADB in the SDK by using the shell ADB and making some change in the default AppInstallLocation to 2 ? OK, if I will find better way to do that . any suggestions regarding this.
    1. I could say further, that the adb way will work in any case.
    2. And I must say that there will be no problems regarding this thing if you have done Titanium Backup after having a Root on Samsung galaxy.