Thread: ‘The hard disk drive head is temporarily moved to a safe position’ error message’ on Toshiba laptop

‘The hard disk drive head is temporarily moved to a safe position’ error message’ on Toshiba laptop

I am getting ‘Vibration has been detected in the PC The hard disk drive head is temporarily moved to a safe position’ on my Toshiba laptop. Can you tell me why the above mentioned error message getting appeared on my system. or something really wrong happening on my computer? any help on the above mentioned issue will be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

re: ‘The hard disk drive head is temporarily moved to a safe position’ error message’ on Toshiba laptop

You should simply change the settings of the HDD Protection utility. The most sensitive mode is 3 and you can change it 2 or 1 which seems to be less sensitive. After that you should select the option not to change an option to get the warning message. I don’t think there will not be an issue until and unless it is making any difference on the function of the computer.

re: ‘The hard disk drive head is temporarily moved to a safe position’ error message’ on Toshiba laptop

The cooling fan installed on the laptop of yours might be worn out and that is the reason it was vibrating. The Vibration happening on the laptop of yours might be deadly hence protection system has keeping the hard drive into safe state.

So far I can recommend only solution that is you should replace the fan which you are having on the laptop of yours.

There could be an issue with hard drive itself. I think you will need to contact the official Toshibas Service and tell them about replacement or recalibration since the Disk Protection is seems to be quite sensitive.