Thread: Some applications won't work after updating sony ericsson txt pro

Some applications won't work after updating sony ericsson txt pro

I did a huge mistake after updating my Sony Ericsson txt pro. Everything was working fine, never faced any problem from the day I bought this handset. But yesterday I thought of updating the phone as it was the first time ever I was trying to update my device. But now after updating everything changed, my apps stopped working. My browser, twitter, facebook and many other apps are unable to open. Please help me; these are those applications which are part of my daily use. My phone is completely useless without these apps.

Re: Some applications won't work after updating sony ericsson txt pro

After updating your application are not responding, it happens a lot with most of the people but everyone gets the different reason for their problem and also different solution to them. It’s like, whenever you try to open a website on internet and the webpage is unable to open.
    Now this common problem happen with every single person but most of the time the reason differs and that reason is identified using the error message or the error message number displayed on screen. The same way there must be some error message appearing on your screen whenever you try to open that application. Just let us know what exactly happens when you try to open the application.

Simply first uninstall those applications and then again reinstall them. Definitely this will work. Most of the time in my phone, my browser use to get hanged or never open. The only thing I use to do is either reinstall the browser or else do hard reset. Hard reset won’t work every time. Anyways if nothing work just do the master reset.

There is no error message appeared on the screen whenever I try to open the application. In fact the apps don’t even respond when I go on to open them up. The icon present on the screen when clicked gives no response, in short the apps not even started after I did the updating work.
    And I also tried to uninstall and then reinstall the applications but nothing worked. The problem is same as it was before.

Few days ago I sent my phone for servicing. And after the phone came back to me nothing worked fine. All the applications of my phone stopped responding; in fact they are unable to open. The only application which is accessible to me is opera mini. I am not getting if there is a problem with my phone then why is it so that only opera mini is working and rest all apps stuck up with some problem. I seriously now no more trust the service center people. They are the one who solves our problem but in my case they did the opposite.

If some applications don’t work in your phone after updating then definitely there is something went wrong during the update. Whether it’s one or two, after updating if such problem comes then it’s simply because of updating issue.
    If such problem occurs the only way is to factory reset your phone and see whether it helps or not. According to me it should work out. And if in case it don’t work then I would suggest to do the updating process again using the repair option in PC companion.

Anyone who knows how to do factory reset. Does factory reset and master means the same, are they related to formatting?
    And please also provide me with the steps to redo the update process using the PC companion. Even I hope that it would work out.

Yes factory reset and master reset means the same. They are not at all related to formatting. They never format the phone instead they change everything back to factory defaults but doesn’t delete anything from the phone.
    To do factory reset:- Go to Settings > General > Master reset > Reset all.
    And to update your phone first and for most remember not to connect you phone:-

1. Click on 'Start' at Support Zone.
    2. Click on the top left 'Start'.
    3. Click on 'Repair phone’.