Thread: USB port stopped recognizing in Toshiba Qosmio G35-AV600

USB port stopped recognizing in Toshiba Qosmio G35-AV600

From last some moths I am using Toshiba Qosmio G35-AV600 laptop and all the things were working going good but suddenly my laptop has started giving problem. Now whenever I plug any USB device in my laptop at that time it does not recognize it. Please tell me what I should do to solve this problem.

Re: USB port stopped recognizing in Toshiba Qosmio G35-AV600

Well according to me you should connect any USB device in your laptop and after connecting that you have to try to detect that device manually and after that you have to check whether your Toshiba Qosmio G35-AV600 laptop is able to recognize USB port or not. Try this solution and then let me know what the result is.

To detect the USB device manually in your laptop you have to first open device manager by right clicking on my computer and then selecting the properties. Now after opening the device manager in your laptop you have to click on the action button and after that you have to check whether your laptop is to detect the USB device or not. If you are still facing the same problem then something else is causing this problem.

I hope this solution will be helpful for you. If you need more help then let me know.

If above solution does not help to solve this problem than you have to try to solve this problem by disabling the USB controller from your laptop and then enabling it again and after that you have to check whether you have facing same problem or not. May be after trying this solution your problem will get solved or not.

To disable the USB controller in your laptop you have to follow these steps.

• First go the device manager in your laptop
    • After that you have to expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    • After doing that you have to select the first controller and right click on that
    • Now select uninstall(DO this with all the controllers)
    • After that you have to restart the laptop
    • Now laptop will try to detect the new hardware and then your problem will get solved.

In my laptop I was also going though from the similar issue and after that I have come to know that escan in my laptop was causing this problem. I have set the USB security in eScan in my laptop and I don’t know what went wrong but it was preventing my USB ports to recognize the device. Now after that I have disable the escan and after disabling the escan all the things started working like a charm.

You should also try this solution and then you have to check whether it makes any difference or not.

I have read your solution and I have tried all the USB ports in my laptop and I am not using any USB hub. I have also tried to solve this problem by reinstalling the drivers and updating the drivers from the device manager which does not make any difference. Now please tell me what should I do to solve this problem? Any help will be appreciated.

You have said that you are still facing the same solution after trying above solution and that is why I will suggest you to open registry editor in your lapopt and after that you have to locate this key

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\USB
    After that you have to double click on the DisableSelectiveSuspend entry and then you have to type 1 in the value filed and then click ok. After doing that you have to check whether your problem gets solved or not.

It looks like hardware fault with your laptop and that is why I would like to tell you that you have to visit Toshiba service center and after that they will give you proper solution regarding this and then your problem will get solved. I hope your problem will get solved as soon as possible.