Thread: System recovery with Toshiba Qosmio G55-Q804 laptop

sad System recovery with Toshiba Qosmio G55-Q804 laptop

I have the Toshiba Qosmio G55-Q804 laptop with the Windows Vista Operating System. I want to perform the system recovery. For this purpose I have tried with replacing the Qosmio G55-Q804 Hard Disk with the WD VelociRaptor 300 GB SATA Hard Drive. But the problem is that after I perform the recovery option then Windows give me an error that “Windows Setup Failed to configure Windows”. This error message appears and the laptop restarts.This again starts but give the same error. Does anybody knows what is the problem? Any suggestion would help……

Re: System recovery with Toshiba Qosmio G55-Q804 laptop

First try to check that which settings you are having in the BIOS setup for your Hard Drive. The possibilities are ACHI, IDE/ATA etc/Check whether is this option set to the RAID?? I have seen many discussions like this which have the same issue because of the hard drives with the latest format technology. If you are not able to do so then I would recommend you to go to the official website of the Western Digital and seethe solution.
    Thank You. Hope this helps..

smile Re: System recovery with Toshiba Qosmio G55-Q804 laptop

Thank You for the suggestion. I will check what are the settings of the BIOS setup for the hard drive. I hope if I am not able to do so the Western Digital site will help me in finding the proper solution… Thanks again for your recommendation…