Thread: nokia forcing to create new OVI account just after buying the new symbian anna phone!

nokia forcing to create new OVI account just after buying the new symbian anna phone!

I just bought new phone with symbian anna as soon as I switched on the my phone I was asked to create a OVI account. How am I supposed to create new account if there is no gprs activated on my phone? It shows only two option , 1st You already have an account! Or 2nd You want to create an account? Major problem is you can’t even use wi-fi to create the account instantly. What is wrong with Nokia?

Re: nokia forcing to create new OVI account just after buying the new symbian anna phone!

I totally agree with you , it is just harassment. As soon as you insert your sim card you are prompted to connect to the OVI server. There are only two way in which you can skip this:
    1. If you are not able to connect with the server and connection fails to establish between your mobile and server.
    2. Otherwise switch on the phone with no sim card inserted and then you have to format it to the factory settings. Still Nokia will keep on prompting you to create an account.

Only way remaining now is that start the data plan in your sim card and then insert it into new phone that is prompting for OVI account. Now you can create an account on the OVI server.

Re: nokia forcing to create new OVI account just after buying the new symbian anna phone!

Yeah, if you try to skip or press any buttons/keys on the phones, it will automatically call 911. The phone can’t be used unless you activate OVI account with data charges or fail connection occurs. Till then your phone is equal to nothing.

why are you people using this smart-phone if you don’t have any data plan. This is not a big issue as you think. Just have any small data plan activated on your sim card and then use it with this phone. This is just for the first time once you have created the account, it will not bother you again! Even if does you just have to put the details of your account there like user id and password and submit it.

I don’t use data plan because I have hotspots everywhere in the office. It even gives me much better speed then that of the normal mobile speed. Why should I pay if I get it for free every day? There will be lot more people like me who has the same facility available so they don’t consider buying a data plan!