Thread: Unable to access free internet on Nokia n8 using wlan wifi connectivity

Unable to access free internet on Nokia n8 using wlan wifi connectivity

I used Nokia n8 smartphone for last one month. Now i am trying to access internet connection with the help of wifi or WLAN connectivity. I hope you know that the wifi or wlan connectivity will never apply any charges for internet connection accessing. While when i simply try to access internet on my phone in college library, i found my phone cut some money for accessing this internet connections. How can i solve this problem? Thanks.

Re: Unable to access free internet on Nokia n8 using wlan wifi connectivity

In that case, you need to check the connection you used for internet connection is being really work or not. Is this wlan or wifi connection works at that time, when you open some site or accessing internet. It describe you that problem is in your connection or something else.

FOr solving your problem open Settings-> Connectivity Settings. Then enable Data use in home country. IN that setting menu, also set the option for Data use when abroad to Wlan only or Always ask option. This will be solve your problem. Set the wlan access points at higher stage. DO this in Destinations-> Internet. It works and then you can definitely access your internet connection with an free manner.

Most of hte time, secured wifi or wlan connectivity makes such kind of problem. hence i would be recommend to you for simply check the security issues in your wifo or wlan connections. its better for you to get some information's about it.

SOemtimes, it happens because of the encrypted network. Yes, there is some kind of possibility when the WLAN or WIFI connection is being set with encrypted manner. Then there is possibility that the phone applies some charges onto it. Hence if you used encrypted network, simply disable it and check its result.

It could be also possible that the network or WLAN/WIfi you try to use is being already restricted with the wireless Security standards. Hence i suggest to you for conform that the wlan provider (College staff in your case.) Ensure that they allow to freely access internet connection. Might be they set some security standard so, you can't able to access free internet connection.