Thread: Wi-Fi usage in Nokia C6-00

Wi-Fi usage in Nokia C6-00

I have this Nokia C6-00 and using it since 2 months. I was using GPRS connection for surfing Internet. Now I am in my institution and the Institution has got their Wi-Fi security connection.
    My question is if I use or opened any App from the institute Wi-Fi, will the Administrator get the details about it?

Re: Wi-Fi usage in Nokia C6-00

I have also got the Nokia C6-00 a week before. It is amazing Smartphone so far from the Nokia. Qwerty keypad, wide screen, good sound, etc. Almost all the features are provided from the Nokia manufactures in this phone. I am not using Wi-Fi till now. Right now, waiting for the settings from Internet service provider to access the Internet. Hope to use Wi-Fi soon.

Yes, when you will connect to the institution wifi then your details will be logged in the administrator computer or in the wifi options your phone will be listed as it is connected to their wifi connections. But for connecting to the inistitutions wifi you will require a secure password that the admin have set up and without it you cannot connect to wifi.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

It is always recommended to ask the administrator first to connect to the institutions wifi network because if you access it without his consent then surely the matter can get worst to you. Simply ask them for the approval and tell them that you need to go online most of the time researching for your homeworks and all and they will not disapprove your request.