Thread: difference between PC Suite and Ovi Suite.

unsure difference between PC Suite and Ovi Suite.

I am using Nokia pc suite. Now I am planning to install Nokia Ovi suite. What is the different between PC suite and Ovi Suite? Which is best? Write your opinion.

Re: difference between PC Suite and Ovi Suite.

I am using nokia pc suite. I think that Nokia pc suite is fast. And the size of the pc suite is also small. Pc suite needs low CPU usage. Pc suite is reliable and stable to use. The user interface of pc suite is easy and simple. When you connect phone and while synchronization the pc suite stays in background. In pc suite home screen does not shows private data so the pc suite is privacy respected. So nokia pc suite is best.

I am using ovi suite. Pc suite has some limitations. Newest mobile phones are not supported by the pc suite like in ovi suite. In pc suite software and maps are not integrated. Pc suite does not display all the contacts which is available in mobile phone. Ovi supports all latest mobile phones.

Nokia pc suite is good compare to ovi suite. The size of ovi suite software is huge. Ovi suite needs more CPU usage. Ovi suite is unstable and crashes several times. Ovi suite is unreliable and fails frequently while synchronization to ovi. The user interface of ovi suite is overloaded. The private information is displayed on home screen of ovi suite this has privacy issues. Ovi store does not display all the contacts which is available in phone. When phone is connected to the computer then ovi suite pops into foreground.

I have install ovi suite in my computer before four days. It has nice user interface. Music, software, maps updates all things are together. But ovi suite has some problems. On slower computer Ovi suite is slow. Popup during login to ovi suite is very irritating. Setup synchronization never worked from the very first time. To make it work we need to reinstall it several times. Cancel button of synchronization never works. There are lots of problem with the ovi suite.

I think nokia pc suite is better than nokia Ovi suite.
    The memory usage of nokia pc suite is low so it works fast on slow computer compare to ovi suite. In nokia pc suite without loading full program you can synchronize the phone. But for software updates we have to download external applications. For maps also we have to download external application

I am unable to synchronize my tasks and calendar using ovi store. The ovi suite shows this message “preparing for synchronization” for more than 30 to 40 minutes and after that stops working. When I click cancel button it doesn’t work. This problem is not with pc suite.

I am using ovi suite. According to me this is better compare to nokia pc suite.
    The user interface is very nice in ovi suite. The ovi suite provides phone contacts and messages online but pc suite does not provide massages and contacts. The sms view in ovi suite is awesome.

Nokia pc suite is best. Pc suite supports synchronization with calendar and notes. The interface of pc suite is small. In pc suite even after firewall and proxy pc suite detects internet easily. I also tried nokia ovi suite but according to me Nokia pc suite is best.

smile Re: difference between PC Suite and Ovi Suite.

I am using nokia pc suite from more than one year. I am happy with the pc suite. I don’t have any problem with my pc suite. This is faster than the nokia ovi suite. Most of the nokia users use nokia pc suite. Nokia ovi suite is very bulky compare to nokia pc suite. The nokia pc suite is better than the ovi suite.

Nokia pc suite has some extra features in it.
    • Calendar viewing and updates in pc suite.
    • Phone files management
    • MMS and SMS synchronization
    • Content Drag and Drop
    • Creation, sending of MMS and SMS