Thread: Sony Ericsson Live with Walkman turns off and on and shows “no service”

Sony Ericsson Live with Walkman turns off and on and shows “no service”

I have recently bought Sony Ericsson Live with Walkman and it has been just few weeks and I had started facing Powering off issue and now I have started facing more problem with it, I have found that it turns “off” and “on” on its own, So I have just updated the phone software from the sony official website and the turning “off” and “on” is solved to some extent but not completely, The other problem that has occurred that the phone is showing “no service” message even if it has signal and this new issue arose after updating the phone software, is there anyone who can help me out to solve all this issues?

Re: Sony Ericsson Live with Walkman turns off and on and shows “no service”

I have recently bought Sony Ericsson Live with Walkman and it has been just few weeks and I had started facing Powering off issue and now I have started facing more problem with it, I have found that it turns “off” and “on” on its own, So I have just updated the phone software from the sony official website and the turning “off” and “on” is solved to some extent but not completely, The other problem that has occurred that the phone is showing “no service” message even if it has signal and this new issue arose after updating the phone software, is there anyone who can help me out to solve all this issues?
    I will suggest you to first try out the basic steps that can help, they are as followed:
    1. Turn off the phone, remove the battery and sim and then put them again and turn it on
    2. If that does not help then Contact the service provider and see what they have to say about the “no service” issue
    3. If that does not help then try to use some different service provider sim and see if it is making any difference

Just try out the above solution and then let me know what you get.

I will answer you in the same manner:
    1. I have tried switching it off and on and I have removed the batter and the sim as well but then it is not helping in anyways
    2. I have just now contacted the service provider and had addressed the “no service” issue and they said that there is nothing wrong from their side
    3. I have tried to use my brother sim as well which is from other service provider and I am not facing the same problem

Is there any other workaround that I can try out??

So you have got your answer, I mean that if you are not facing the same issue with the other sim card from the other servie provider than it is obvious that there is surely somwthing wrong from the service provider sirde, I just wanted to know that have you addressed then that you are not having any such issue with other sim card?? If not then contact them again and tell them about it, There are possibilities that there might be something wrong with the sim card as well and there might be a need of new sim card of your sim card is quite old. Just see what possible solution you will have to go for.

don’t think that this is some kind of problem with the service provider because I have some friends in my area having the same service provider and no one is facing the “no service” issue except me. I also wanted to add that the sim that worked for me is not having gprs activated on it but then I don’t know if it makes any difference. I have also found that when I am unlocking the phones then I do not have any network at that moment and it shows this:

But then I get the network back after some minutes, what should I do??

That’s weird I think that there is some kind of hardware issue, I will suggest you to better visit the sony service center and then address them all the problem and the solutions that you have tried and check what they have to say about it, I don’t think that the is some other workaround that you can try out, rather than doing a factory setting. I personally wont suggest you to try out the factory setting as the phone is quite new visiting the service center will be a better decision, if there is any hardware problem then they will fix it out or you might also get a replacement for the same.

That’s weird I think that there is some kind of hardware issue, I will suggest you to better visit the sony service center and then address them all the problem and the solutions that you have tried and check what they have to say about it, I don’t think that the is some other workaround that you can try out, rather than doing a factory setting. I personally wont suggest you to try out the factory setting as the phone is quite new visiting the service center will be a better decision, if there is any hardware problem then they will fix it out or you might also get a replacement for the same.
    Even I think that there is some kind of hardware problem because no matter what solution I have tried so far the problem still exist, I will visit the service center to find it out, anyways thanks for your help so far I really appreciate your help.