Thread: sony ericsson w995 fast port not working properly

sony ericsson w995 fast port not working properly

I have been using my Sony ericsson w995 from past 1.6 years. From last few days I am facing a problem, whenever I am suppose to connect my phone to my pc using a USB the connection gets established but nothing happens. In short when I connect my USB connector to the Fast port, the connections symbol is shown on my phone but the actual connection is not established. Is there any problem with my phone or with the USB connector? I am worried about the phone; I don’t want to face any problem to occur in my phone. What should I do please help?

Re: sony ericsson w995 fast port not working properly

Most of the phones with a fast port device face this problem. Even I had a Nokia N73 with me, as you must be aware that almost all Nokia N series phone have fast port in it. When I faced such problem I simply changed my USB connector and continued using the connection.

Everyone knows that USB and headphones with fast port connector gets repaired easily and it’s a most common issue that all the users face. So no need to worry about this issue, just change the connector and keep going.

It’s not as easy as you are saying. It’s not necessary that always the USB connector is defected. As in my case even I thought the same and I was normal. But once when I connected my headphone to the phone it was working quite fine but only when I use to hold it towards up from downside. And later on after few days even this technique failed. No doubt I am sure the problem lies in the fast port but even then I need to hear from the above person what exactly the problem could be. If you say that the problem lie in both USB connector and headphone then let me know what could be the solution.

There may be possibility of both USB connector and headphone getting repaired. Or also you can say that the fast port is repaired. To clear the confusion I would simply suggest you to use an adapter that would connect both headphone and USB. Now if you find either of the things working then definitely the other one which is not working, is repaired. Otherwise the port is defected.

The fast port connector such phones get repaired easily due to the multiple pin connection. And sometime also the connection becomes impossible because of the dust accumulation.

This happened with me, I had a w995 from last 2 years but I hardly ever connected the USB or headphone to the phone and once when I connected my headphone after a long time period the connection failed just because of the dust. Solution was simple; I cleaned the connector with a soft brush, rubbed it thoroughly and then reconnected the headphone. Everything was solved. Even you can try it out, maybe I will work for you.