Thread: Need help on tether using MacBook Air and blackberry Bold 9700

Need help on tether using MacBook Air and blackberry Bold 9700

hey guys

I simply got the new 9700 Bold and i am having issues tethering it by bluetooth with my macbook Air. i used to be doing this with my curve 8900 and that i do not see the explanation why it's should not be attainable with the 9700. At the bluetooth pairing stage, i can not get the Bold to pop up the combining code because it sometimes will once I pair alternative phones. i feel this can be the matter. and that i additionally assume it'd be bacause the 9700 comes with the next OS version 5.0.0.330. The OS in my 8900 was version four.6 there abouts. will anyone knowledge to unravel this downside, as a result of i'd feel terribly sad with this new Bold if i cannot get it to tether with my macbook Air.

Re: Need help on tether using MacBook Air and blackberry Bold 9700

I don’t know if anyone has tried tethering their blackberry Bold 9700 to a Mac? I successfully configured mine and got connected for fewer than a second. Then it got disconnected. i attempted each Bluetooth and connecting via USB port. however still i'm obtaining disconnected..

I used to own blackberry Bold 9700 and that i did not have issues with tethering to my Mac.

Hopes thi helps

Connect the bb device to USB .Desktop manager reveal with Blackberry device data . Edit the device data click on system preferences on the dock (silver box). Click on. Click on the wants to be unlocked for create changes admin user name and password network gray ball "+" button on rock bottom left higher than the pad lock to form changes click on the padlock and then enter client has to recognize this choose click on interface as RIM Composite Device and leave service name as RIM Composite Device,Create Please Configure modem as
    • Configuration: Default
    • Telephone number: *99#
    • Account name: net
    • Password: net
    • Click on Vendor: analysis n Motion
    • Model: Blackberry IP Modem GSM
    • APN: net
    • CID: 1

Leave all of the opposite tabs as default (DNS, WINS, Proxies, PPP) Click ok. Click apply. Click connect

I'm having the worst time attempting to tether my Bold 9700 to my Macs. I've tried with each iMac and Macbook Air, and following the steps made public during this thread. One factor with one amongst the steps though - it says to pick "RIM Composite Device" - on behalf of me this does not seem, however instead "Blackberry - [MY PIN]". may this be the problem? What do i would like to try to to in order that i'm ready to choose "RIM Composite Device" rather than my BB? Is there one thing on my BB that I additionally ought to change/configure?

Sorry you had such a lot downside since I followed the directions and it worked very well. instead of say "one of the steps" be alittle additional specific re the detailed directions Step XXX. Note my comment additionally in glossing over one amongst the steps and then update your post if still having issues. I even have been using my excess Blackberry Gb no downside however beware the overseas tether. I simply got burned with $100 once I thought i used to be connected to free WiFi in Malaysia. Disconnect the phone when signing in to overseas WiFI to avoid any problems.

The step I described is choose click on interface as RIM Composite Device and leave service name as RIM Composite Device,Create". I don't have "RIM Composite Device" as an possibility on the dropdown - only my BlackBerry - it says "BlackBerry [MY PIN]". If I follow all alternative steps, the phone makes an attempt to attach..then Authenticate...then terribly promptly Disconnects

I've been ready to tether by 9700 to my macbook however pairing it, then going into network in system preferences and adding the analysis in motion modem driver, however it only works at an excellent slow speed (about 0.25Mbps) does not anyone have a script or plan of a way to get the tether to figure on 3g speeds?

I've had the precise same issue BB 9700 Bold can't be paired with my Macbook. My macbook version is ten.5.8. i'd prefer to connect my BB with Macbook not just for net affiliation however additionally to transfer some files. additionally I simply understand that the BB Desktop Manager is incredibly restricted. It can't scan quite four phone numbers for instance. Is there anyone will provide us clear answers for these ? Thanks.

How does one get the MacBook professional to tether either usb or Bluetooth with a BB Bold 9700? Desktop Manager on Mac does not have the web tethering capability. I even have successfully paired my device, however cannot understand the proper configuration combination to induce it to tether.

how is with you you open DM 5.0 and click on on the IP modem icon and that all you are on-line while not having to do anyting on with settings and modem init commands . 've been tethering like this for ages and that i was never charged an additional penny.

I tether everytime my net is down, that is usually. i am on T-Mobile and that i do not extremely get the complete "guide" factor. simply open dm, click on ip modem, click configure, make certain tmo is that the affiliation profile and click on ok. no password or anything required. then back on the ip modem page, click connect.