Thread: Shared folder are not been added on allshare on Samsung D5550wk

Shared folder are not been added on allshare on Samsung D5550wk

Hello friends, i have connected my PC to my home theater system via the allshare, i try to share some of the folder on it then tell that the folder is been existing and i am not able to view my device on the list of the connected shared device. I have connected the system with the LAN and it gives me option that i can connect it to my PC. So when i also try it then it says that there is nothing to play through the PC. So what is the problem and also i can solve the problem and get it work for me. So please help me about it. Thank you.

Re: Shared folder are not been added on allshare on Samsung D5550wk

I think that it is the problem of the network setting which is not allowing you to share the folder with the player. So you check on the PC for the setting and you might get that the router which is not allowing to share the files. So check there you might get it.

I wanted to make you sure that you have the .NET Framework 3.5 installed on the PC, if it is not then you better install it. It is been required to do sharing of the folders on the allshare, you can install manually or you can just update the windows and you will be able to get it. So you try any of the method and also you will be able to get it. After that you will be able to share the files and also play on the player.

There might be restriction which the firewall is not allowing to share the folder to any other device. So you check on the firewall that it is blocking the files to share with the player, it is blocking then you disable the firewall and try it.

I had the same problem with the windows 7, but i have done some searches and solve the problem so you can try it. You need to restart the Samsung allshare server, for doing that you have to click on the task panel icon which is there in the bottom right. There might be a key for the sharing server running when you share. You might be able to view the AllShareAgent.exe in the task manager. You better disable the firewall of the antivirus you are using on the PC. Make sure that the TV/Players is been connected to the LAN connection through the wire not wireless (If it is wireless then it will not work). So both the PC and TV/Player should be connected on to the same network. So when you have done all this then you can try it by playing some of the videos, i am sure it work and also it work better.

You should have the .Net Framework 3.5 on the PC, even you can have the higher version of it, and you also check that the IP of the router which is you are getting on both the devices just leaving the last digit (ie 192.168.1.2 and 192.168.1.5) if not then it will not work. Even check for the services running on the PC, you can check it from the Administrative Tools if you are using the Windows XP. Check that the Universal Plug and Play services is been set to Automatic and also you disable the firewall.

I think that the firewall is been giving the problem, so you just disable the firewall and try to share the folders. Even you check the list of the connected devices, you might get your device on the list.

The router always blocks the sharing between the PC and the TV, so you better turn off the firewall and do the setting once again, you will get the list of the connected devices and you might be able to share and play all the files from the PC.