Thread: Is it possible to softmod the new blue wii

Is it possible to softmod the new blue wii

It is possible to softmod the new blue wii. I had heard from many that you cannot softmod this console. Is that true. I am not planing to softmod but just want to know that is it possible or not.

Re: Is it possible to softmod the new blue wii

Yes it is possible that soft-modding can be risky if you does not get the most appropriate firmware for the same. It is hard to find that. But some sites are providing it. You can download that and you must learn properly the process of soft modding or else it can be a risky process. If it does not end properly your console might stop working. As some regular step in you just want to have overview is as follows:
    1. Install Homebrew Channel and BootMii
    2. Removing IOS STUB-222, 223 and 249,
    3. Installing Ciosrev CIOs and Neogamma
    4. Optional installation.

Soft-modding is related to modifying your systems default settings. There are many forums which are discussing on the that. But I had not found any proper solution for the same. There is no exact guide or official info which guarantees that it will work. I tried looking on some forums too, they are also no 100% sure that this modding will work. I will recommend not to go for this. The hacks can be risk to some point.

There are some sites which are providing Wii firmware, but I am not sure that they will work for blue wii or not. Even today many has not able to find the exact version of firmware on Blue wii. It is said that to avoid warranty loss you must not play with soft-modding of wii consoles. You must leave them as it is. It is a new model and within some time if soft-modding is not done properly it will not work at all. Try to take help from someone who can do this better and knows about the proper firmware of wii.

Softmod is just overwriting the current firmware and I think that does not loose warranty. If you hard mod that is modifying the wii chip then that can be a matter of worry. I had not seen much wii modding. You can give a try if you found a proper guide.

The wii softmod is a modification of which occurs through the files. So there you do not need to open the console. Your wii can brick if it is not done properly. Brick is a state in which a console cannot start because of damaged system files. You cannot restore that easily. You must know first what is the exact firmware used in your wii console. And if you do not want proper firmware then do not go for the mod.