Thread: Contacts does not sync with Macbook address book or icloud

Contacts does not sync with Macbook address book or icloud

I am having a bit problem with syncing my contacts with Macbook Address book. But it is not working. I also tried to sync them with iCloud. But it is not taking up. I had copied all the contacts from my phone and kept them in a usb. I want to sync them in Macbook Address book so that I can manage them more effectively. But it is not working. I had tried many things but nothing is working.

The first thing you have to see what is the contact format. If it is not appropriate then it will remain un-identified in Mac. You can try exporting your contacts in CSV. And then add them in Mac Address book. You have to create a single csv file of all contacts. If you export multiple then you will have to manually import them one by one in your address book. Once done you can later on export file from Mac Address Book and upload it on the iCloud. That will also work.

There is a simple way to sync the contacts on your Mac through Gmail. All you have to is upload your contacts on Gmail first. Once you are done with that go in your Mac and click on Application. In that you have to click on Contacts. Go in Preferences and click on Accounts. Then click on +. You have to add your gmail account here. Select CardDAV from Account type. Provide your username and password. Type google.com under server address. That's it.