Thread: Sony vaio z palm rest area got discolored

Sony vaio z palm rest area got discolored

I have a sony vaio z VPCZ217GG/X laptop which I bought 1 year ago. Just a slight minor issue, the palmrest area of laptop got darker as compare to the original color of the laptop. I think it slightly got discolored. Actually most of the day I keep working on my laptop so every time I keep it open and do my things. Even when I am not doing anything, I keep my hand on the rest area. Must be that caused the problem

Re: Sony vaio z palm rest area got discolored

I think you are unaware about the number of complaints each day vpc-z customers register regarding this issue. So first of all you should be happy because you are not the only one and your problem is not something unusual or caused by you. So don’t hesitate to contact the sony service center and get your laptop replaced if it is in warranty. I guess it’s in warranty?

Maximum vaio z customers are facing the same problem, including me. Whereas rest everything is fine. Why is it so that such a huge brand of sony is having such a tiny problem and not the huge ones? they should not be so irresponsible.

For your kind information palm rest of avio z series are made of plastic which are painted with the color. And you must know that colors on plastic don’t stays for a long time especially if rubbed frequently. Hope you got the reason for the discoloring. And you need have to worry it’s a common problem.

I think you have a balck/gunmetal Z. it’s because they are the one which are being more prone to this kind of issue. If not then too its fine. You have certain choices either you get the palmrest replaced which I believe is not a good idea especially in case of such an expensive laptop or else you can hide the plamrest area with vinyl wrap or SGP leather cover. But keeping it as it is will look more ugly and also cause more damage.

I have lots of problem in my vaio z. the first one is the most common one which everyone is facing i.e. discoloring, weird noise coming out of the fan, and again a weird sound coming out of my speaker. I never had time to fix this problem or contact the service center. But now as the problems are increasing I am worried. I wanted to replace or get it repaired but there is an issue, my warranty is going to get over within 2 days and I can go the service center only after 5 days. And before that I need to renew my warranty and then take my laptop to the service center and get it repaired under warranty. Now please help me in guiding how should I renew my warranty card. Will I have to go to the service center to get it renewed? Is it possible to renew the warranty which is going to expire after 1 or 2 days?

Yes it is possible to renew your warranty card. You need not have to visit the service center for renewing it, just visit the place from where you bought you laptop and asked them to get it renewed. And then later on you can get your laptop repaired or replaced whenever you want from the service center that under warranty.