Thread: Unable to update the software to VS910ZV7 on LG Revolution

Unable to update the software to VS910ZV7 on LG Revolution

Hello friends, i have recently downloaded the latest update VS910ZV7 on the phone, so when i am trying to install on the phone then the phone boot and goes to the Clockworkmod screen. So it was going over there then i have download the update on the memory card, but when i check it then it was not available on the card. Even i have tried to reboot the phone and then it is giving me warning that the update is failed and it was incomplete. So i have done the rooting of the phone and got the stock rom back, so does anyone knows that how i can do it and get the phone updated. Please help me. Thank you.

Re: Unable to update the software to VS910ZV7 on LG Revolution

You are trying for the V10 and if you go for the V7 update then you will get the gingerbread on the phone, and to get the update on the phone you need to have stock recovery on the phone then only you will be able to get it.

I would suggest that you better do the flash of the stock rom and try for the OTA updates, you might get the update on the phone but not get the V10 but you will get the V7 on the phone.

I have a method to flash the updates directly on the phone, so you can follow it and get it done.

• Install the software that pops up when you plug in your phone to the system.
    • Download the LGNPST Package with the GenericModels with the Components Plug-In (If you search for LGNPST on multiupload then you get it).
    • Download the driver for the phone and install it (again search it on multiupload)
    • Get the Stock Rom TOT file form the fileserver and extract it
    • Get the DLL file specifically for the LG Revolution and you will get on multiupload
    • Now extract the "LGNPST Store & Lab"
    • Install the LGNPSTv1.2_Store_Version.msi
    • Now install LGNPST_v1.2_Lab_Version.msi
    • after that install LGNPST_Components_Ver_5_0_12_0.msi and also LGNPST_GenericModels_Ver_5_0_10_0.msi
    • After installing now run "Right_Click_Register_DLL.reg"
    • Creat a folder "Models" in "C:\LG Electronics\LGNPST\" which is the default path.
    • Copy the "VS910.dll" and paste it in "Models" folder.
    • Right Click on the "VS910.dll" and click on Install/Register (Before doing this you need to install the components and genericmodels plug-ins)
    • Unable to install then go "C:\Windows\System32" and drag the "VS910.dll" to "regsvr32" and it will be install.
    • After it is install then you reboot.
    • Now run "LGNPST"
    • Connect your phone and enable the Internet Connection Mode and enable USB Debugging
    • Then your phone will be popup in the list
    • When you see your phone in the list then click on the Open folder button inside the .BIN query underneath the COM## details
    • For the .TOT file you need the .BIN file and for that you have to type "*.*" inside the File Name query and press enter.
    • Now select "VS910ZV4_04.S4_04.P58008.R5.user.tot" (which ever version is there you better select it) and click on OK.
    • Now click on Upgrade and wait for some time.
    • Now the phone is upgraded.

Even you can do it with the revo toolkit so you have to get the stock recovery back on your phone then you download the update and install it, it can be done and also phone will be updated.

Thank you for the method and i will try to do the update of the phone and it might work for you. I was trying it but it was not working it for me, but i think this might work for me.