Thread: LG Revolution: Information about Network/Tethering Speeds

LG Revolution: Information about Network/Tethering Speeds

I am posting this over here to know that what is the difference between the Network/Tethering Speeds. I am using the LG Revolution phone. I am more concerned about the Tethering. What is that exactly and how that works. I will be happy if you can post some information about this over here. I will appreciate each and every reply for this. Thank you so much in advance for replying.

Re: LG Revolution: Information about Network/Tethering Speeds

I would like to explain this in short. This is nothing but the technology that will help you to connect 8 other devices to be connected with the wireless revolution on the internet. That means, you need not to have the connection to internet in all the other phones as well.

If someone has a data plan for their smartphones can use this frequently as a modem for a laptop. The connection to the mobile Internet is established via the phone, which in turn is connected to the laptop. The connection between smartphone and laptop can be made via cable or wirelessly. This process is known as tethering. Whether the phone can be used as a modem depends on the mobile charges and the mobile phone operating system.

Tethering is a collective term for various methods for a device without an Internet connection (such as a desktop, notebook or laptop) to connect to a mobile device (like a mobile phone or PDA) with mobile Internet to access the Internet to provide to the device without internet . This allows a desktop, notebook or laptop using the mobile Internet without requiring a separate subscription. I hope that this will be helpful to you to understand the term tethering. If you want more information about this then you can get this on Wikipedia where there is a brief instruction about this.

Tethering means a connection between the smartphone with internet and your desktop or laptop without an Internet connection. Which can connect in different ways:
    • USB: The smartphone to connect to the laptop is a direct connection.
    • Bluetooth: A common method to tether. Convenient because you do not have cable ready, and the smartphone can be left in your pocket.
    • WiFi: This method is generally not offered in original firmware of smartphones, but in software after a 'jailbreak' download.

You can make use of the TetherMe which is a very useful application to enable tethering on iPhone with all operators. The program is still in question because it does not allow you to change the settings manager but, fortunately it now comes a new package in called APN Editing TetherMe through which you can edit fields to enable these settings.

Use your phone as a modem to access the Internet, it may be convenient and sometimes even cheaper. All this is called tethering or connection sharing. These applications are also very easy to use you can just install an application on your phone and another in the PC and you're done. In my personal opinion the best of all is readily available on the PdaNet Android Market. It allows us a great USB and Bluetooth tethering and also the SMS function which allows us to receive and display text messages sent from the comfort of your pc.

Before you begin, your Internet is now releasing the tethering feature, you should read the terms and conditions is from your mobile provider. Some like the tethering did not appear. This is because some providers offer special and paid service for this. The function can connect their smartphones via USB or Bluetooth with a PC or notebook. It now has nothing but the standard copying of data or music from the phone to the PC or do the other way around, but is this to be a function of the phone to make a type of modem.

You must contact to the service provider of the network that you are going to use as that is having different data plan for this and that might cost you extra for this. so it will be better for you to get it confirmed first before getting shock.

Its a very simple comcept. You will be able to use the internet on many devices with the connection/plan to just one device. This is called tethering.

I am very happy to see quick replies on this. Thank you so much all of you for putting such a nice informative posts over here and I am sure that this will be helpful for others as well who are searching for the same.