Thread: GPS is always on with Siri

GPS is always on with Siri

After using the siri for few minutes, I put my phone to sleep and when I do that then I noticed that the gps/location services arrow was on. Therefore, I closed all the task running in that but that was still the same. So I went to the settings and there I found the purple arrow on the siri. I am not able to understand that what is the problem with this. I tried to restart the computer but the result was the same. Can you tell me that what can be the reason for this. I will be thankful to all the replies for this.

Re: GPS is always on with Siri

I would like to tell you that Siri requires to know your location every time so that if you ask it to search for something then that can do it easily. This is the reason for this and there is no other problem.

I think that you have set the location reminder on in your device and that is the reason that it is using the GPS data to get your location and can alarm you whenever you are in particular location. So check for this. If this is true then it is the normal behavior and you need not to worry about that. If you don’t want that then just disable the location reminder and then you will not get that again.

You are getting that in what color? If you are getting that in green then that means you have used that in last 24 hour and if you are getting that in blue then it will indicate that the it is still active. So see for the color and if that is in Green then you need not to worry about that. And yes, it is also true that it uses the GPS to determine your location.

Quote Originally Posted by JoanaJhon View Post
    You are getting that in what color? If you are getting that in green then that means you have used that in last 24 hour and if you are getting that in blue then it will indicate that the it is still active. So see for the color and if that is in Green then you need not to worry about that. And yes, it is also true that it uses the GPS to determine your location.
    Yes, I am getting this in green color. Thank you so much for replying to this.