Thread: iTunes playlists is getting erased after upgrading iphone to iOS 5.0.1

iTunes playlists is getting erased after upgrading iphone to iOS 5.0.1

I am having an iphone and I have recently upgraded to ios 5 and the problem that I have noticed now is that a no of playlist has got erased from the itunes, I mean that I am able to see the playlist names but then they are just empty but this case is with some of the playlist and not all of them, some are still having the songs, I don’t know what is the issue all about but then I just wanted to know that is it possible to get the songs that has been missing?? And why is it happening so?? Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.

Re: iTunes playlists is getting erased after upgrading iphone to iOS 5.0.1

I am having an iphone and I have recently upgraded to ios 5 and the problem that I have noticed now is that a no of playlist has got erased from the itunes, I mean that I am able to see the playlist names but then they are just empty but this case is with some of the playlist and not all of them, some are still having the songs, I don’t know what is the issue all about but then I just wanted to know that is it possible to get the songs that has been missing?? And why is it happening so?? Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.
    I will like to inform you that the beta has been test on some devices and they are currently not in the production so there are possibilities that it might be having some bug still. I have not yet used the iOS 5.0.1 but then I think that if you are using it now then make sure that you are getting a back up of your phone to avoid such loses.

I don’t think that you might have lost the music completely but then I am not very sure about it as well, actually even I had faced the same once but then even though the list was missing from the phone but then they were still there in mac, I will suggest you to just check out in the iTunes and see if you are having it there or you have lost it from there as well.

I don’t think that you might have lost the music completely but then I am not very sure about it as well, actually even I had faced the same once but then even though the list was missing from the phone but then they were still there in mac, I will suggest you to just check out in the iTunes and see if you are having it there or you have lost it from there as well.
    Hey thanks for the same but then I have just checked it out there as well and I have found the playlist but then unfortunately they are just empty, actually it has been two months from the last back up that I had but then there were some playlist that were still not backed up and I really want to get them back, if at all it is possible?? Any further help for the same will be appreciated.

I wanted to say the same, I mean that the iOS 5.0.1 has not yet been a official release so trying out unofficial updates can result in such problems, so if you want to use it then you can use it very well but then just get the backup of the same from time to time and do not get the unofficial updates until this version gets released officially. Best of luck.

Yes this is a bug, you won’t be able to see the playlists but then it has not actually disappeared but then you will be able to see them when you connect your phone to iTunes and then expand the same but then you won’t be able to see them in the iphone music app. Just check it out and see if you are finding it or not?

Even I am facing a no of problem after upgrading to the ios 5.0.1 and they are as followed:
    • It is losing the playlist without our knowledge
    • iCal and the cloud needs to be re-sync ever time
    • iCloud is just reading something different than the address book

I don’t know when this will get fixed, it has been really disappointing, I really expect them to be fixed with the official release.