Thread: ITunes 10.5 is not reading CD/DVD and iPhone 3g is not getting recognize by my computer

ITunes 10.5 is not reading CD/DVD and iPhone 3g is not getting recognize by my computer

I am having a iPhone 4s and I had tried to upgrade it to iOS5 but then the process failed saying that the iTunes 10.5 isn't compatible with the CD/DVD on my computer that Is running on the Windows XP and after the unsuccessful process the problem that I have started facing is that the phone is not getting recognized by the computer and I am not able to switch back to the older version as well as the iTunes library has been created by a newer version. Is there a way to get things back as it was?? I mean I just want to charge my phone and get my picture on my computer anyhow and that is the thing that I am concerned about.Any help regarding the same will be appreciated.

Re: ITunes 10.5 is not reading CD/DVD and iPhone 3g is not getting recognize by my computer

I am having a iPhone 4s and I had tried to upgrade it to iOS5 but then the process failed saying that the iTunes 10.5 isn't compatible with the CD/DVD on my computer that Is running on the Windows XP and after the unsuccessful process the problem that I have started facing is that the phone is not getting recognized by the computer and I am not able to switch back to the older version as well as the iTunes library has been created by a newer version. Is there a way to get things back as it was?? I mean I just want to charge my phone and get my picture on my computer anyhow and that is the thing that I am concerned about.Any help regarding the same will be appreciated.
    You can try out the below steps:
    • Turn the compute off and then plug the iphone and then turn it on
    • After that just Back up your iTunes library and uninstall iTunes.
    • Once it is uninstalled properly then just reinstall it again form apple site and then move the iTunes in the correct folder.
    • After that get the ipsw files and iphone backup to be at the safer side and then try out switching to the previous version again.

Just try it out and then let me know if you are able to complete the process successfully or not.

Re: ITunes 10.5 is not reading CD/DVD and iPhone 3g is not getting recognize by my computer

I have tried doing the same but then the same is not working out for me, is there any other solution that I can try out?? Any further help for the same will be appreciated.

Actually I did not get your problem correctly but then just let me know if you have the below condition:
    “You have all the data on your computer and you want to sync your phone but then itunes is saying that the you have never sync the phone before “
    Is that’s the case then just backup everything and then go in to the iTunes and make sure that there is no items that are not capable of syncing without any third party software after the iTunes allow you to choose a third party app then you won’t need any additional software when you will go for a cloud backup. If you are not willing to use the cloud then I will suggest you to connect your phone to the computer and then the Windows will map it to a drive and once it does so then you will be able to use Windows Explorer in order to get the pictures to the computer. Hope that helps.

I think that you have not got my problem exactly, I mean that in my case when I am plugging the iPhone then it is just saying that a new software is identified and so, so I am just not able to get to the pictures as it is just not showing the same on my computer and it is not even charging the phone. Hope my problem is clear to you know, any further help for the same will be appreciated.

I think that you have not yet authorize your netbook and if that’s the case then just go in to the itunes and then go in to the store and Authorize your computer there and once your computer is authorized then make sure that you are having all the most recent Windows updates and then plug in your phone and once the phone is getting recognized then things will be fine and if you are having everything on your phone then you will have to just sync/backup, just try it out and then see if it is helping you out or not. If you have any problem further then please let me know for further help.

After making sure I have got all the windows latest updates and after that I have also authorized it now but then I am still not able to get it recognize and the itunes is also not reading any CD/DVD as well. I really want to get all my data from my phone to the computer somehow and I just don’t want to lose them, Please help!!