Thread: How to auto rotate pictures in Samsung galaxy nexus?

How to auto rotate pictures in Samsung galaxy nexus?

I find something unusual in my Samsung galaxy nexus. Before I bought this galaxy nexus whenever I saw any of the android or touch screen phones, I noticed that the pictures use to rotate automatically as per the phone rotation. But in my phone it doesn’t happen. And as per my knowledge this function should also be applicable in my phone. Any reason and solution?

Re: How to auto rotate pictures in Samsung galaxy nexus?

You are lucky to have this property disabled without your knowledge. I am fed up with this automatic rotation. Night is the only time when I mostly use my nexus phone and I access internet till late night by laying down on my bed. Whenever I pick up my phone the text starts rotating and when I change my position my phone’s screen does the same. And even don’t have any idea how to get rid of this issue.

Don’t know about the in-built setting but I got an app from android market place. There is an Auto Rotate switch application which will help you to disable it. This is a small application which after installing presents you with a small icon. You just have to hit the icon whenever you need to switch off the automatic rotation and whenever you need to again switch it on just hit the icon again. You need not have to select any option or get into the application selecting any checkboxes. Hope this will help both of you.

Auto rotation is one of the major and noticeable properties present in most of the phone and it's also one of the non acceptable functions for most of the users. And I don't think the android manufacturers are fools to make such a function without having an internal setting. There must be some built-in solution. I can't download applications from android market as in my phone there is some problem with downloading applications.

Yes there is an inbuilt solution which most of the keep it unrecognized. It's a simple solution. Follow these steps:

1. Go to setting.
    2. Go to display.
    3. You will get an “auto rotate screen” option
    4. Just uncheck it to stop auto rotate.

And if you are a Droid or Droid2 user you make you handset in portrait mode, if you have got a hardware keyboard.

I am an IT student. I too have an android touch screen phone and I never faced such problem but I always wonder what could be the logic behind this rotational property. What exactly happens when the screen rotates? And makes what makes the screen rotate? And does this rotation effects the images which we view in our gallery? Please anyone there to explain me. I know it’s not going to solve the above problem but at least let me know the logic including other people.

In most of the touch screen phones which have the auto rotation property, there is a mechanism called accelerometer which exactly does all the rotational job of the pictures present on the screen. Whenever the phone is in use and when the user rotates the handset the accelerometer tells in what position the phone is and according to that it rotates the screen. And this rotation in no way affects the picture or images we view in our gallery, it merely changes the display. Doubtful, in case of videos.