Thread: iPod freezes up after selecting large Playlists

iPod freezes up after selecting large Playlists

Last week i purchased ipod 3re generations and now i found some bug on it. iOS 5 operating system presents on it. Here i used iTunes software for play musical files. When i try to select max playlist on this iPod and just try to play or sort this playlist, i found that my music player applications as well as ipod hangs. I don't know that why should this happen on my ipod. I need some useful suggestions that works to fix this problem. Can anyone help me?? Thanks.

Re: iPod freezes up after selecting large Playlists

Before doing any think on your iTunes software i would suggest for try to make one separate library. in that library add same musical files. Then in option button select the sync or shuffle kind of options. Check what happen?? Is this iPod freezes continuously or hangs up?? this is necessary for you to detect the result.

Quote Originally Posted by Aalap View Post
    Before doing any think on your iTunes software i would suggest for try to make one separate library. in that library add same musical files. Then in option button select the sync or shuffle kind of options. Check what happen?? Is this iPod freezes continuously or hangs up?? this is necessary for you to detect the result.
    I try this simple way. I used this process and make library with my choice. After applying the same shuffle kind of options i found that my ipod behaves same problem. It hangs up. I need some useful suggestions from your side. can you post useful information.

Quote Originally Posted by HDBoy View Post
    I try this simple way. I used this process and make library with my choice. After applying the same shuffle kind of options i found that my ipod behaves same problem. It hangs up. I need some useful suggestions from your side. can you post useful information.
    In this case, i would be say that you need to reinstall iTunes software. Use proper way that helps to you for this process. Without doing this process, i don't think that iTunes able to work with the large musical file playlist. Use it and check its result.

I personally faced same problem and then i try this restore process. It works for me. After a restore some of the problematic playlists will work. hence i suggest you just try this ipod restore option if you not applied it. Might be it works for you.

Yes,i also think that this restoring will work to fix your problem. Don't apply normal restore process. USe below process for restoring your iPod. Its well for you.
    • Check Internet connection works well or not.
    • Run iTunes and attach iPod to laptop.
    • Use iTunes and choose it in Source panel.
    • Choose Restore in iTunes.
    • Put admin name and password if necessary.
    • That't it.

Disconnect iPod after finishing this restore process. It works for you to fix your restoring problem. Try this and check its result. Hope you got best result.

Same problem here. Then i apply below process. It works for me. You can apply it. its slightly related to the restoring but still you can apply it on your iPOd. Hope you same positive result as a already got.
    1. First task Backup all musical files that present your long playlist.
    2. Make text menus of such a playlists. If possible then recreate it.
    3. Remove such files from Music folder.
    4. Restart iTunes software on it.

If the issue persists, you may want to look at the content on the iPod. Check musical files you used on iPod is infected by some viruses or not. This is well for avoiding any virus infection problem if exist. Connect your iPOd to the computer and then apply scanning musical files. Its well for you. This will works for solving your synchronization, shuffle or any other problems.

may be its happen due to making long mucial playlists. In that case, you can used number of sub playlist in your iPod. Its well for maintaing large music file record in easiest way. Hence divide them into sub list and check its output. Might be you found best result.