Thread: iMessage bug in iOS 5

iMessage bug in iOS 5

i dont know why but when i am sending message using iMessage message text sends as a blue imessages and i am move to an area where i cant have 3G or wifi data connection than message cant send to the person till i am go back to the data connection. its even dont send as a text message. i have notice this many time. once one i send some message to my friend who is in abroad and i send him message using blue iMessage, how come it will be send as a text message? this is actually being seek of me. i really not understand what the problem is and how can i solve this. anyone have any idea about this? please if anyone found anything which help me to solve this problem than please help me.

Re: iMessage bug in iOS 5

there are some settings in the iMessage. i tink you have put the send as SMS set to on. and as you talk about the force the message than send as sms and press and hold the button for some time. after you send the message its pops up on your window.

It is simple yet more complicated than it looks, I mean, to send a message IMessage, you just have to go to the message icon on your iPhone, once there, type your message and add the contact. Send icon is green by default, if your contact has an iPhone or iPad with iOS 5, this will change from green to blue, ie sending an SMS will spend an IMessage.

for me automatic send message works well. actually iMessage takes little bit time to decide if the message is delivered properly through the apple server or not and if not possible to send than its send as a normal SMS. as i said its not word immidiatly, it take some time. and as OP mention that you have to conform that you have Send as SMS option enabled or not. and if its not enabled than you have to enable it.

as you said about to turn on Send as SMS, i have that feature turn on but its not working for me as you said. and i have experience this, and not only me few of my friends also giving the same response about this. actually we have 10 people in a group and 4 of them are now in US. when we try to send message to them, messages do not arrive until they are on a data connections. and that change from blue to green messages not change until they receive the message.

to check this problem, me with my friend doing some experiment with this. we have sending blue messages with no problem. on recipient phone, switch of data connection, sms still work properly. now next time we send message through iMessage and its not delivered. It is not sent as a green SMS. and when we again start the network connection its works properly. we can now sending and receiving message through iMessage correctly.

the same thing happens to me also. i am actually living in UK and my family in india. when i am try to send the iMessage message they are not able to receive that. when in normal cellular phone they easily receive any message. all settings are set properly without any problem. than also i cant send iMessage and they also the same problem.

i think its really a big issue. this is a big bug in IOS 5. and they need to solve this as soon as possible.

i think the problem is with the data connection. as some above post said that when they turn off the wifi or data connection, they get the problem. but the time they turn on, everything works properly. so main problem is with data connection not with the IOS 5.