Thread: Sony Vaio VPC Z11 hinge is making creaking sound

Sony Vaio VPC Z11 hinge is making creaking sound

I have recently bought a Sony Vaio VPC Z11 and it has been working fine by now but then the problem that I have noticed is that when I am closing the lid or opening it then the hinge is making creaking sound. I don’t know what went wrong with it suddenly and I have really taken a good care of it so I don’t think that there might have been any problem from my side. Should I go to repair or I can try out some workaround to fix it, any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.

Re: Sony Vaio VPC Z11 hinge is making creaking sound

I have recently bought a Sony Vaio VPC Z11 and it has been working fine by now but then the problem that I have noticed is that when I am closing the lid or opening it then the hinge is making creaking sound. I don’t know what went wrong with it suddenly and I have really taken a good care of it so I don’t think that there might have been any problem from my side. Should I go to repair or I can try out some workaround to fix it, any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.
    I have done the same and this is a hardware problem so o don’t think that there is something that we could try out, I mean that we need to get it repaired but then I doubt that this will be considered as warranty and the sony guys won’t charge for the same, as the cause of this problem is considered as not handled properly. I have not done anything yet and I am using as it is. I have been handling it well but then I don’t know how the problem has arisen, I have been using a neporene sleeve as well in order to protect but I don’t know what went wrong with the hinge, I think that it is because of the poor quality of the hinge or something.

Yes it is a hardware problem and this is basically because of the poor quality, I have found a no of people facing this problem but then the only solution that helped them out was getting it repaired, The other thing I wanted to share is that you won/t be charged for the same if your laptop is under warranty but then if the problem has occurred because of mishandled then you will have to pay the charge to get it repaired. Just contact the service center and see what they have to say about the same.

I am having the same problem and in my case is with the right hand hinge, I have contacted the sony support for the same but then after addressing the issue they have just said that this might be because of damage caused from my side and not from theirs and, so I don’t think that you will be getting a replacement for the same, I have been handling my laptop very well but then I don’t know what went wrong, I really don’t know what to do know and this sound is making me think that it will arise in a bigger issue if I won’t get it repaired soon. So I just wanted to know what will be the cost to get it repaired, is there anyone who has get it repaired recently??

I am having the same problem and in my case is with the right hand hinge, I have contacted the sony support for the same but then after addressing the issue they have just said that this might be because of damage caused from my side and not from theirs and, so I don’t think that you will be getting a replacement for the same, I have been handling my laptop very well but then I don’t know what went wrong, I really don’t know what to do know and this sound is making me think that it will arise in a bigger issue if I won’t get it repaired soon. So I just wanted to know what will be the cost to get it repaired, is there anyone who has get it repaired recently??
    How come they said you like that, I mean that this has been a common issue and a no of people has addressed the same to them and they are well aware of the same, I was facing the same problem with the sony laptop, so I contacted the service support and then I went to the service center and got it repaired without any charge and any further questions. I will suggest you to contact them again and then demand them to talk to their manager. Just try it out and see if you are able to make it. Hope that helps.

I have found a no of people facing the same problem and visiting the service center to get it repaired and almost 80 percent of people is having problem with the right hand hinge, I mean that this problem is common with the people who open the hinge right handed, I am not very sure but then I think that opening the lid from the right is tarring that hinge and because of that it starts making creaking sound.

I don’t think that what you are saying is actually right, I agree that most of them who are having the problem are right but then in my case I open the lid with the left hand but even then the hinge is appearing to be tarred out, I think that the problem is simply because of the poor quality of the hinge that they use.

If you want to try out a workaround then you can just take out the keyboard and then you will be able to see the screws that attach the LCD to the rest of the laptop so when they are exposed just use a screw driver and then tighten them up, I was having the same problem and I have fixed in the same way but then I have found that closing and opening the lid is making it loose again and I have to perform the task once a month to keep it well going, I am not sure that even you might face the same but then I think that you can at least give it a try.