Thread: Wi-Fi not working in DELL studio1737

Wi-Fi not working in DELL studio1737

hey, I own a dell 1737 laptop, I am running windows vista. Because of virus and some corrupted files I had to format my windows. Now I have formatted my pc and I am getting problems connecting through wi-fi . Everything was working fine before formatting. Am I missing something please suggest something! Thanks for help in advance!

Re: Wi-Fi not working in DELL studio1737

have you always been using wi-fi or you were using cable and now you have switched to wi-fi. Wireless switch on your computer uses wi-fi catcher that is network locator that searches for wifi zones.
    To scan wi-fi zones, slide and hold the switch for few seconds. This locator works regardless of whether your pc is in hibernate mode, turn on or off mode or in standby mode! As long as the switch is configured through QuickSet or the BIOS to control Wi-Fi network connections.

Click start, in search type Quickset click on it.it may show that wireless is off. Click on the “turn on wireless”. While in the device manager, click on network, then 1397 WLAN Adapter, advanced. Search for the Antenna Diversity (if it's there) and try changing it from Auto to Aux.

oh! I had a problem with Quickset launch only! So I downloaded new copy of it. In Quickset, there is the radio control option ; I launched it, again in advance setting there is a “radio control option” tab. I unchecked all the boxes so that the wireless switch controls none of the radios, and then my wifi started properly.

I downloaded and installed Quickset but I can’t find the icon in my program list. There are no Quick launch icons available here! Its not even visible in control panel. I can only see it in the “program to uninstall” list.
    My WLAN card is showing ok in device manager.

Can you connect in safe mode with networking(tap F8 on startup)? It may be because malwares on your pc. Try using Malwarebytes anti-malware to remove all.
    If your system is new or under warranty , then please contact Dell Tech Support.