Thread: Not able to see nVidia GT525M graphics card in the system specifications of Dell Inspiron N5110 15R

Not able to see nVidia GT525M graphics card in the system specifications of Dell Inspiron N5110 15R

I have recently bought Dell Inspiron N5110 15R and it is having nVidia GT525M graphics card and the problem that I am facing is that I am not able to see the nVidia GT525M graphics card in the system specifications even though it is having the same. I am able to see it in the device manager and it is displaying there. I think that there is something wrong with my system is there anyone who can help me out with the same?? Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.

Re: Not able to see nVidia GT525M graphics card in the system specifications of Dell Inspiron N5110 15R

I have recently bought Dell Inspiron N5110 15R and it is having nVidia GT525M graphics card and the problem that I am facing is that I am not able to see the nVidia GT525M graphics card in the system specifications even though it is having the same. I am able to see it in the device manager and it is displaying there. I think that there is something wrong with my system is there anyone who can help me out with the same?? Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.
    I have never heard about this case before but then before I suggest you anything I will like to know if it is not displaying the nVidia GT525M graphics card that you are saying is there in the system, then what is it displaying there??? Other thing that I wanted to know is that have you changed any kind of setting?? Did you notice it suddenly? Or it was there from the starting??

Re: Not able to see nVidia GT525M graphics card in the system specifications of Dell Inspiron N5110 15R

I have noticed it today, I think that it was like this from the starting and I have not yet changed any settings yet. It is not displaying the nVidia GT525M graphics card but then it is just displaying the Intel HD graphics with a dedicated graphics memory of 64MB. Is there any setting to get it displayed in the system specification?? Are you aware of it?? Any further help for the same will be appreciated.

I have noticed it today, I think that it was like this from the starting and I have not yet changed any settings yet. It is not displaying the nVidia GT525M graphics card but then it is just displaying the Intel HD graphics with a dedicated graphics memory of 64MB. Is there any setting to get it displayed in the system specification?? Are you aware of it?? Any further help for the same will be appreciated.
    As far as I am aware it is one and the same, I mean that this is actually a discrete video chip so you won’t be able to upgrade it or something. I am ant aware of any such settings that displays the graphic card in the system specifications. I just wanted to if you have used the Optimus control pane in order to enable the nVidia video with the help of application by application. If not than try it out and then let me know what you get.

Hey thanks for the same but then I just wanted to ask you that is there a way to make it default rather than just enabling it application by application because I most use the same card?? And the other thing I wanted to know is that if I will enable it once from the method that you have suggested then will it starts displaying the nVidia GT525M graphics card in the system specification??

I am not very sure if it will display the nvidia graphic card that you are using an after you enable it, and as far as making it default is concerned it is designed to be default, I mean the Intel video that you are getting is default and you can make out easily if it is in use or not but then I don’t think that it will display the nvidia graphic card there, you can say that it is the disadvantage of the Optimus technology right now. I have heard that the system changes it form the integrated to discrete as per its use.

Hey I have enabled it in the nvidia graphic card using app by app and I have also tried making the nvidia card as default but then I am still not able to see the card in the system specification and the other thing that I have found is that the graphics dedicated memory is shown as 64MB where as I am having the 1 GB card. I have been searching a solution in a no of forum but then I have not found a solution for the same yet. I doubt if there is a way to get it displayed in the system specification??? If anyone finds a solution for this then please share it here and it will be highly appreciated.