Thread: Is it possible to run other UI rather than duostage in tablet mode with Dell inspiron duo

Is it possible to run other UI rather than duostage in tablet mode with Dell inspiron duo

I have recently bought a Dell inspiron duo and it is working great but then I have found that we can run duostage in tablet mode and I have tried out the same as well but then it is quite slow. I have googled it out and I have found that there are other UI as well which can be used rather than duostage in tablet mode but then I just wanted to confirm if it is really possible?? Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.

Re: Is it possible to run other UI rather than duostage in tablet mode with Dell inspiron duo

I will like to inform you that we can disable it and we can also edit it as well but then I just wanted to know that which UI you have found to replace the duostage in tablet???
    If you want to remove the DuoStage from the startup then just go in to the Startup folder and then navigate to the HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run and then remove it from there. If you need it then you can get it back using the autolaunch even if it has been removed from the registry.

Re: Is it possible to run other UI rather than duostage in tablet mode with Dell inspiron duo

I will like to inform you that we can disable it and we can also edit it as well but then I just wanted to know that which UI you have found to replace the duostage in tablet???
    If you want to remove the DuoStage from the startup then just go in to the Startup folder and then navigate to the HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run and then remove it from there. If you need it then you can get it back using the autolaunch even if it has been removed from the registry.
    Edit/Delete Message
    Hey thanks for that but then I just wanted to know that how can we edit the apps contained in Duo Stage, I mean I have searched for the same and I have not yet found a way out to do the same, I have not found any documentation for it as well. Have you tried it out?? If yes than please let me know as well?

Yes you can edit them by editing the XML file and you will find the same in the C:\ProgramData\Dell\duo Stage\ apps_list.xml but then I you won’t be able to duplicate it but then you can just edit the directories and paths for such applications but make sure that you give it an icon and also give it a proper name. I think that the .PNG file will be the best for this task .You can just refer to one of my XML script.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I have checked it out and I just wanted to share that I have tried one step further as well, I mean that I have removed all the foreign language references in the XML file in order to navigate without any problem. As far as the icon is concerned I am thinking of using the Photoshop as it appears to be quite professional. I really like the Clock and Photo app which you have set to work with the Dock and they are quite interesting as well but then I don’t use the Stage software because I find it overlaying.

I was thinking of doing that further because I have just recently bought the Duo from UPS so I will definitely try out these things in a week or so, the other that I have heard about this is that it takes a lot of processor power to run the DuoStage Application but then I am not very sure about the same, I also wanted to share that if you will go for a black background rather than using white than there will be better transparency and this will be quite professional as well. If you want then you can try out the same.

Hey even I need some help regarding the same, currently I am using Mirabytes FrontFace and I have tried removing the stage from start up as well but then I just wanted to know is there a way to flip the duo into tablet mode but then open it from the UI rather than flipping the duo into tablet mode and then run the stageui. I have checked out in the registry as well but then I have not yet found any setting to do so, any one of you have an idea about this or what?? I really want to get in the tablet mode and then run the UI program rather than the stage UI, so please help!!

I need some help as well and it is just that I need a XML code in order to change the internet link to the Google Chrome from the IE. Is there anyone who can help me out with the same, any help regarding this will be appreciated.

I need some help as well and it is just that I need a XML code in order to change the internet link to the Google Chrome from the IE. Is there anyone who can help me out with the same, any help regarding this will be appreciated.
    I think that I can help you out, I mean you will have to edit the apps_list.xml file and the same will be C:\Program Files\Dell directory, just check out the below string:
    <working_dir>%PROGRAMFILES%/Internet Explorer/</working_dir>
    <path>%PROGRAMFILES%/Internet Explorer/iexplore.exe</path>

And after that use the chrome as the default install and after that the entry will look like this:
    <working_dir>C:/Users/yournamehere/AppData/Local/Google/Chrome/Application/</working_dir>
    <path>C:/Users/yournamehere/AppData/Local/Google/Chrome/Application//chrome.exe</path>

If you want then you can also create or locate a suitable PNG file for the Chrome logo and then just paste the first two strings in the direct naming it as of the target in the XML. Just check it out and then let me know whether you are able to do the same or not.

I have tried out the same but then I don’t know what to do with the %PROGAMFILES%, I have found that the icon is missing from the xml that I am having, just take a look below:

<app>
    <working_dir>"C:\Users\Shane Ross\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\</working_dir>
    <path>"C:\Users\Shane Ross\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe</path>
    <parameters></parameters>
    <icon>%PROGRAMDATA%\Dell\duo Stage\Icons\Internet.png</icon>
    <languages>

Just delete the " and replace with the same with a backslash or a forward slash, just try it out and then let me know if you got it work, I think that this should probably help you out.

Yes it did thanks for the same, I really appreciate your help.