Thread: Want to upgrade my Dell inspiron 9400

Want to upgrade my Dell inspiron 9400

As using the Dell inspiron 9400 from past one year, now I want to upgrade the laptop as it has been slow and respond to any of the commands after long time. So due to this reason I want to upgrade the laptop. but one side I think that why don’t go for buying the new laptop rather than upgrading the laptop.

Re: Want to upgrade my Dell inspiron 9400

If you want to upgrade the laptop then you should go ahead with it. As what I think that doing so will help you a lot in cost saving. Because I had upgraded the laptop with the RAM and the screen doing this saved a lot and if I would have gone for buying the new laptop then it would cost me more. So it better you should go for upgrading the laptop.

I would like to know what is your budget for the laptop upgradation and what are the parts you are thinking of upgrading as knowing the details would let me get idea whether it is better to go for buying the new laptop or just go with the upgrade. So for this you should provide the specific details as it would make my job easy.

For this I would say my budget is not more than the $700 so I want my upgrade done inside my budget limit. And my requirements in the laptop which I want to upgrade is the

I. RAM
    II. Graphics Card
    III. Screen as it has been got damaged at the corners
    IV. More Hard drive for storing the data

If this are the things you want to have upgrade in the laptop then it is better you should go for buying the new notebook. I don’t think so spending this much on the old notebook would be worth, bcoz the screen of the notebook itself will cause you more. So I think you should go for buying the new notebook rather than upgrading one.

Yeh …I totally agree with the above guy, as the parts which you have mention for the upgrading will really cost you more in fact it will cross your budget limit. But according to me if you want to just upgrade your laptop then you can remove some of the unwanted things which is really not necessary and can be later upgraded. So by doing this it can help you to come within budget and can upgrade it easily. So my suggestion to you is that if you want to upgrade all the mention parts than it is better you buy the one or remove some of the unwanted things and upgrade it later.

Instead of upgrading the parts I must say that you should try buying new laptop, as it would be wise doing so. The main benefit is that you will get the latest and the newest config. And will not have any problems for playing any of the games.

And if you upgrade your existing laptop then I guess you will have to upgrade the laptop again after a year. so it better you buy the new one.