Thread: How to write the special characters on Dell Studio 1558

How to write the special characters on Dell Studio 1558

As I’m using the Dell studio 1554 laptop for my daily use in the office. The thing Is that I use the laptop for work purpose only and have never learnt about how the functions of the laptop works. So as a newbie I want to know that How can I write or use the special characters from the laptop, as sometime I have to mail it and for that use some special characters. Because while using it what I have seen is that there are no numlock or scrolllock keys and the Fn + alt keys also does not work. So I want to know how can I use the special characters in the laptop.

Re: How to write the special characters on Dell Studio 1558

I’m using the same laptop and I must say that I’m able to use the special characters in the laptop using the Fn keys and I don’t have the problem using it.

If you are not able to write the special characters using the Dell studio 1558 laptop, then Microsoft has provided with the very best features for writing the special characters and also the numbers or any characters. So doing this just follow the steps down here and you can type the special charaters using from it.

• Go to the “Start” which you will see right in the bottom left corner of the desktop.
    • Click the “Start” and go to the search button and in that write the character map and click ok
    • It will search the same and when you find the “Character map” then bring it to the desktop by creating shortcut or copy,paste.
    • Now open the character map, in that you will find the various different characters in it and you can use it from the map.
    • There are various different options for the character, choose the same from it and use it wherever you require.

The same is also possible by using the virtual keyboard which you will find from going to the

Start ==>All programs ==>accessories ==> Accessibility ==> On screen keyboard. and from here you can use the keyboard for the special characters or any of the characters.

Actually the problem is not that as you going through the issue which I’m having is that whenever I want to write in any other languages apart from the English language then writing using the character map becomes tedious and lengthy. So is there any other way from where I can type it any other languages without changing the keyboard characters. So do anyone have the idea about this by which I can make my work easy.

For this I can say there are many softwares available in the market from where you can write the characters without changing the keyboard character. And also targus keypad allows you to do the same and the keyboard also comes with the ergonomics and has good 3 m of USB cord.