Thread: AutoCorrect feature in apple iphone 4s is not good as that of Blackberry

AutoCorrect feature in apple iphone 4s is not good as that of Blackberry

I have recently bought an iphone 4s and I have been using blackberry phone before this and even though I am loving the iphone as well but then I have found that the AutoCorrect feature in apple iphone 4s is not good as that of Blackberry, I mean that in blackberry it is possible to manipulate the autotext, if there is any wrong spelling then other letter will correct it automatically and will give a user defined substitution for the same and I think that this is pretty helpful. I have found that iPhone is also having the auto-correction feature but then it is not able to provide particular misspellings or letter combinations .Is there anyone who is aware of doing the same in iphone? Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.

Re: AutoCorrect feature in apple iphone 4s is not good as that of Blackberry

As far as I know the iphone is also capable of corrections, just for e.g. when we type cant then it will say can't but then if you will ignore the same for a couple of times then it will stay in the dictionary as it is and it won’t ask you the same again. It is also possible to clean the dictionary but then I don’t think that there is a method to add words that you want in the dictionary.

I don’t think that we have to ignore it for couple of times to enter it but it takes more tries, I mean that I have used the word “LOL” quite a no of times before but then now whenever I type “lol” that is in the lowercase than it again goes to “LOL” and there are many such words.

I have recently bought an iphone 4s and I have been using blackberry phone before this and even though I am loving the iphone as well but then I have found that the AutoCorrect feature in apple iphone 4s is not good as that of Blackberry, I mean that in blackberry it is possible to manipulate the autotext, if there is any wrong spelling then other letter will correct it automatically and will give a user defined substitution for the same and I think that this is pretty helpful. I have found that iPhone is also having the auto-correction feature but then it is not able to provide particular misspellings or letter combinations .Is there anyone who is aware of doing the same in iphone? Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.

Even I agree to you that the AutoCorrect feature in apple iphone 4s is not good as that of Blackberry, even though I am using iphone now but the functionality actually matters. I have not used blackberry yet but then my friends are having it and I am aware of its autocorrect feature as well, the autocorrect feature in the blackberry is similar to the autocorrect feature of the Excel/Powerpoint, whereas the autocorrect feature in iphone is good for simple one-word-at-a-time tasks. I really wish that the iphone had these feature of the Blackberry.

Even I am a blackberry user and I really like this feature as it makes the texting task quite easy but then I was not yet aware that the apple iphone is not having that feature, I don’t think that this would take much to have it in the apple phones as well, so they should really add this feature to the iphone.

Yes it should be there because it is really a useful function and I even I think that it saves a lot of time in order to type fast without the errors, I have found that there are others functions as well that are missing in the apple iphone as compared to the blackberry, just take a look below:
    • In blackberry we can have all the emails from different accounts in the same mail folder and this really helps us to know if you get the emails in other accounts and so.
    • In blackberry we can also set up and activate out of office assistant.
    • Battery life of blackberry is far better than apple iphone’s

I agree to you completely even I was a blackberry user but then I have recently got the iphone 3g and I like all the other functions of the phone but then I am really not satisfied with the auto text feature and yes even I think that the battery life is not that good as compared to the blackberry, I really think that they should work on this. I just wanted to know from the iphone users if they can give me some tips in order to save the battery life because it is draining very fast in my case. Any help regarding the same will be appreciated.

If you are having a iphone that is jailbroken then you can try out the below apps for the autocorrect feature that you are willing to get:
    • Textexpander
    • Popup Blocker

As far as the battery life is concerned then you can get an external battery pack and I have recently heard that there is solar portable charger for iphone as well, so you can try out the same. I don’t think that there is any other solution to increase the battery life of the iphone.