Thread: can apple iPhone 4s talk & surf on Verizon?

can apple iPhone 4s talk & surf on Verizon?

i recently purchased the apple iPhone 4s and was great to have it because of its amazing features. Verizon network is providing a vast network and i wanted to ask regarding whether it is possible for me to talk & surf simultaneously on Verizon's network? in addition to this, will i be able to talk and sure from CDMA to GSM ?so please assist me to find the same.

re: can apple iPhone 4s talk & surf on Verizon?

hey guys, i found that it was not able to Voice and data simultaneously on a CDMA network like Verizon. If you are locked to the Verizon network there will be will never usage of GSM signal, and therefore will not be able to make use of voice and data simultaneously. there is only way in which you can do this, by switching to AT&T or Sprint because the iPhone is not a 4G (LTE) phone.

i came to know that it is possible for the iPhone 4s to make use of data and talk at the same time with this iPhone 4s model, but no other iPhone can do this. the reason behind this could be because of the dual antennae or maybe because of the dual core processor which will be able to process 2 signals simultaneously.

I don't suppose it will I think the phone only makes use of one or the other antenna based upon which is receiving more signal at the time .

I came to know from the Apple, and it is quite sure that there's no talk/surf on Verizon still. after the proper functioning of LTE , it will be possible, but not for this time. but according to me , i suppose If a phone is SVDO compatible, then you can make phone calls and surf the web simultaneously on CDMA. but as far as I concern, only few phones have this compatibility.

according to me i have a thunderbolt and it has the capability to talk & surf but i am not sure about the Iphone. and i know LTE allows simultaneously voice & data processing , but I don't have an idea about the thunderbolt as it is SVDO capable or not.

i want t o say some points which you can consider to get some hint or clue, as the GSM is a specific air interface and HSDPA, LTE are another air interface. CDMA 1X/EVDO is some different air interface.among all this, each air interface requires a separate radio transceiver. GSM/HSDPA phones are able to talk and surf because they contain two separate radios. similar to this, CDMA/LTE phones are able to so the same as they also incorporate two radios.

for the reason CDMA is forwards and backwards compatible ,CDMA 1X/EVDO phones have a single radio . but in this case , it has the ability of surfing or talking but the disadvantage stands that it cant do those things in an simultaneous mode. about the iPhone 4S i can say that it consists of GSM, HSDPA and CDMA/EVDO and as iPhones are locked to a single service provider, there is a lone connecting of the CDMA/EVDO radio .

Re: can apple iPhone 4s talk & surf on Verizon?

i am also waiting for my iPhone to talk & surf simultaneously on Verizon's network. as i got that it is not compatible with surfing on Verizon , i would like to know when it will be released so that we can make use for the same.