Thread: Unable to Sync iMac address book contacts with iPhone 4S

Unable to Sync iMac address book contacts with iPhone 4S

Hi guys

I guys I need help on this I am trying to sync my iMac contact with the with the iPhone contact and somehow I am not able to do that all I want to do is to updated my contact on the iMac to the iPhone as it took hour to trim them on pc so I even have sync address book contacts checkbox selected in iTunes I don’t know what the problem is but this is really annoying can anyone here help me to get through this I would be really glad to know this

Thanks in advance

Re: Unable to Sync iMac address book contacts with iPhone 4S

Hello, have a jailbreak iPhone 4S iOS 5 on Mac. I created a contact in my iPhone, so far no problem. I sync with iTunes 10.1. Result, not only the contact is deleted but it is not in the Address Book application on my Mac. I do not get it. How to synchronize in both directions of the iPhone's Contacts and Address Book on my Mac? Can anyone help me on this

I just import my contacts in Gmail. Then I created a new contact in iPhone, is a timing and such, the contact that I had created was deleted on the iPhone and is not present in the book or in the Gmail address book My Mac.

I managed to resolve iPhone sync drawback when some terribly advanced debugging. Primarily the error has got to do with a label for a phone or email being empty that somehow happened on my iPhone. The label is that the home , work , iPhone , etc within the contact record, and during this case it absolutely was blank. I modified it to home , synced the iPhone in question, and everything worked once more. thus by extension, this drawback could be within the Mobile Me address book and not the Mac itself - thus you may ought to check contacts on each side. Check recently added contacts and see if any are missing this label.

This might helps you Log onto MobileMe Contacts. Choose all contacts by choosing the highest most contact and shift-clicking rock bottom most contact. From the Gear Menu, choose Export VCard. this can export a VCard file of your contacts on MM to your dowmloads folder. It ought to conjointly open up Adress Book . If not double click the file downloaded. on behalf of me the file got named vCards.vcf. permit AB to import the contacts. it's okay if there are duplicates; we'll watch out of them next. to get rid of any duplicates, choose explore for Duplicates from the cardboard Menu. Keep doing this till the amount of duplicates does not amendment. presumably the amount would be zero, . Quit, then Open Address Book. If your duplicates failed to zero out, take away duplicates . My results currently showed zero duplicates.At now, the contacts on your Mac are correct. Open System Preferences from the Apple Menu; choose the MobileMe System Preference. Click the Advanced... button. currently click the Reset Sync knowledge. purpose the arrow from the pc to the Cloud and then click the Replace button. this can take the contacts from your pc and replace what's within the cloud. Hope this helps

if you're syncing with an iPhone or iPod via USB and iTunes, you may got to re-enable any settings for Syncing knowledge in iTunes, like Bookmarks, Calendars, Contacts etc. you'll check these settings in iTunes following time you plug your iPhone or iPod into your Mac. If you're syncing Mail Rules, in some cases Mail Rules can become deselected. Your Rules are still there, however you may got to re-enable any Rules you would like to use actively by choosing the checkbox next to them within the Rules pane of Mail Preferences.

The other way is you may get to re-enable MobileMe Syncing within the Sync pane of the MobileMe System Preference. Mac OS X can see your next Sync because the initial sync ever in your User, thus you following time you sync with MobileMe or via iTunes, you may presumably see a dialogue asking if you'd like to Merge knowledge, Replace knowledge on MobileMe/Device, or Replace knowledge on your pc. In general, Merge is that the default behavior for this dialog and is that the most well-liked alternative on initial sync, unless you have got a selected reason to settle on one amongst the Replace choices

I see my contact photos on MobileMe moreover as on my iPhone however i do not see the contact photos on my iPhone. there's a differently rather than 'resetting the sync data' to induce the contact photos on the iPhone by turning 'sync address book contacts' on inside iTunes 'info' syncing tab. however i do not wish to own each native moreover as mobileMe contacts on my iPhone. i would like simply the MobileMe contacts in sync with my Mac computers, iPad and iPhone.

Cannot sync my address book since upgrading to OSX ten.6.6. It says "syncing Mobile Me" forever and will nothing. I actually have signed out of my MobileMe account and signed back in. Sadly, the matter is simply on my MacPro and solely since upgrading to OSX ten.6.6. i'm not having a haul on my MBP OSX 10.5.8 or on my iPhone or iPad. Place facilitate m e i'd extremely appreciate this

I'm too experiencing this issue with iPhone 4 that syncs properly to my iMac and Macbook, however to not the phone. i am glad to examine it is not a singular bug to merely me, however it's after all unfortunate this hasn't been fastened. Here's hoping it's within the iOS 5 update.

HeeteshR Guest

I have the same issue as far as I can tell it is not fixed with iOS 5.1. could somebody confirm? i have successfully used Outlook for Mac to sync my iPhone contacts instead. Instructions on how to do that here:
    Last edited by Sooraj; 13-03-2012 at 06:51 PM. Reason: removed the link