Thread: Getting Grey Strip at the bottom of iphone 2g display screen

Getting Grey Strip at the bottom of iphone 2g display screen

I am having a iphone 2g and it has been working fine by now but then I have found that there is a Grey Strip(line) at the bottom of the screen, I have never seen it before and it appeared suddenly. I think that there might be some kind of display problem but then I am not that sure. Is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it and can clear my doubt as well? Any help regarding the same will be appreciated.

Re: Getting Grey Strip at the bottom of iphone 2g display screen

I am having a iphone 2g and it has been working fine by now but then I have found that there is a Grey Strip(line) at the bottom of the screen, I have never seen it before and it appeared suddenly. I think that there might be some kind of display problem but then I am not that sure. Is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it and can clear my doubt as well? Any help regarding the same will be appreciated.
    Yes there are chances that there might be some kind of display problem but then I just want you to send the picture of the same so we can get a better idea about it and help you further with the same as well.

Here it is:

Just take a look at it and then let me know what you get from it. Thanks in advance.

That’s really weird I just wanted to know that have you dropped the phone or what?? Or has it been pressed hard or something like that?? I don’t think this can be due to some kind of software problem at all??

I am very sure that I have not dropped it or it has been pressed hard because I have been using it very safely, it just appeared surprisingly so I am not able to track out the cause of the same. I have also tried to do a hard reset and I have also restored the phone as well but then it is not making any difference and I am getting the same no matter what I try. Is there any other solution that I can try out or I will have to get it repaired?? Any further help for the same will be appreciated.

I am sure that it is because of some hardware problem and I don’t think that any solution will really help you out in this case and you will have to get it repaired or replaced to solve it out. If you are under the warranty then get it replaced but then there should not be any kind of hardware defect from outside the phone, if it has then you won’t get the replacement as well. So check it out and contact the service center for the same.

Thanks for your replies guys now even I think that this is some kind of hardware problem but then I don’t know how come has arisen, I am still under the warranty period so I will visit the service center with my finger crossed to see if I get a replacement for this or not. Anyways thanks to all of your help, I really appreciate it.