Thread: Blackberry bold 9790 overheating

Blackberry bold 9790 overheating

HI, i am using this newer blackberry phone but the thing is like i am having issue with the phone as after some moderate use the phone gets warmth every time and then i have to simply keep it aside.

Is there anybody having same phone, please let me know what’s happening over here, is there any solution for phone’s overheating? Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.

Re: Blackberry bold 9790 overheating

see there could be so many reasons associated with overheating thus according to me you should first test the phone whether there is some problem with the hardware or not.

Most probably this kind of overheating happens just because of the faulty batteries and the charger that we used to used with the phone thus it is always recommended to make use of original products only. So as far as examining the battery is concerned i would like to recommend you that you should test the battery whether it is working perfectly or not. I mean you can test this thing with the help of another battery and off course you have to do the same thing with the charger as well.

Though I am agree with the above user but still it might be possible like there could be some problem with the phones firmware and not with the hardware. Thus rather than looking out for the hardware you should try to make out whether there is some problem with the firmware installed. Thus if suppose if you found any glitch then you can have option to reset the phone.

While resetting the phone you should start with the soft resetting and if suppose that couldn’t found to be helpful then you can simply try with the hard resetting as well. but be aware before you proceed as resetting the firmware will wiped out each and every data from the phone.

I do have the same opinion as the above user but if suppose resetting the firmware doesn’t help you anyway then you should try to reinstall the firmware once because that could be the last option regards to software/firmware testing. And still if suppose you are pursuing the same problem then simply this is actually because of any hardware for sure.

NOTE: it is always recommended to make a backup of important data before you reinstall the firmware because it will wiped the previously stored data as well. the same thing while resetting as well.

Have you ever visited the service center ever for this problem? See I don’t believe anymore testing the phone on your own, because doing this may cause any other problem to the phone thus i used to avoid this thing rather i used to contact tech support for the same. and no doubt you’ll also get some sort of solution from there for sure.

In fact as mentioned above this over heating could be done just because of the hardware as well as because of the software, thus if there will be any problem with the hardware then also it will be replaced for sure.

I would say you should ensure you don't have any applications using the GPS in the background. Because I recently installed and ran an application using GPS in the background and the phone started to heat up like a oven.

see this is quite basic thing, you should try not to make use of too many applications at once on a hot day or while out in the sun, because your device is more probably to overheat. As a rule of thumb, the additional tasks your device is executing, the more battery life it will require and in turn, the hotter that battery and its nearby components will get. Apart from that don't worry about it if your device gets temperate. In fact all mobile devices, cell phones, netbooks, laptops, etc., be inclined to warmth on hot days or during comprehensive utilization. though, if your device appears to be getting unusually hot to the touch or it's excessively hot to handle for long, turn it off and let it cool down.

I've absolutely isolated my overheating problem to 1 app.....QR Code Scanner Pro. If I do not first close the app, then "exit application", the battery will immediately begin to overheat until it is completely destroyed, which is what happened to me the first time in early Jan. I deleted, then reinstalled the app with the same results. No other app causes this problem for me.

I think you're spot on with the QR barcode scanner. I have had overheating problems with a Blackberry Bold 9900 the last couple of days and thought it might be down to Wi-Fi use or a phone mechanical fault. The weather here in Doha has heated up too the last few days. I even went to the lengths of buying a new battery, charging it overnight and using the phone. The phone bleeped this morning indicating that the battery was totally discharged. I recharged it and on using it again, it over heated and finally locked up. I remember using the QR application a couple of days ago and the problem has occurred since then. I've now uninstalled this application and am recharging my phone again and hope the problem is solved.
    Cheers.