Thread: Interesting Caller ID feature in Iphone 4s

Interesting Caller ID feature in Iphone 4s

I have recently bought a Iphone 4s from AT&T and this is my first apple phone and I am just loving it and one of the interesting that I have found out surprisingly is that we can hide our called id as well and I have not seen the same in the phones that I have used and I doubt that some other phones has it has well. It just occurred when I was calling my brother and in his phone it was displayed as "private caller" or "Blocked number" and he really was not able to find out who is calling. I just wanted to share the same, if anyone else want to try it out, in order to do so just go in to the settings and then go in to phone settings and then turn off the “Show My Caller ID” and after that if you will call on any other no then they won’t get your name even thought they might have saved your number rather they will get "private caller" or "Blocked number" Just try it out and enjoy.

Re: Interesting Caller ID feature in Iphone 4s

I have recently bought a Iphone 4s from AT&T and this is my first apple phone and I am just loving it and one of the interesting that I have found out surprisingly is that we can hide our called id as well and I have not seen the same in the phones that I have used and I doubt that some other phones has it has well. It just occurred when I was calling my brother and in his phone it was displayed as "private caller" or "Blocked number" and he really was not able to find out who is calling. I just wanted to share the same, if anyone else want to try it out, in order to do so just go in to the settings and then go in to phone settings and then turn off the “Show My Caller ID” and after that if you will call on any other no then they won’t get your name even thought they might have saved your number rather they will get "private caller" or "Blocked number" Just try it out and enjoy.
    I will like to inform you that this is not a very new feature of the iphone 4s it was there in the previous versions as well and other than that there are a no of latest phones that are having the same feature, you can now call it as a common feature as well. It is being used by a no of people for playing pranks but then if someone complains about the same then it won’t take time to the isp that you might be having to reveal your no to those whom you call.

Yes this is an old method now, other than this I will also like to add that there is another method of doing the same and that is leaving the show caller ID setting on and then you can just add *67 before the persons no to whom you are calling, This actually help to call selective people rather than calling every one with the same caller id naming "private caller" or "Blocked number". I used to do the same but then now days I don’t answer the call itself if it displays anything like "private caller" or "Blocked number".

I was not aware of the same before but then the “*67” method will be more interesting but then I just wanted to know that the code will vary from carrier to carrier or it is same for all the apple users. I mean that the same is not working in my case, other than that I also wanted to know if we are charged for using such features? Or it is free?

Yes I think that the code varies from carrier to carrier I have found some people saying that they have been using *67, * 68 form the same, so just try out them and see which one is working for you. Other than that we are not charged for this feature, I mean that I have not been charged for the same but then I don’t know of even it varies from carrier to carrier so just check it out as well.

Hey guys I have just the same in my case I mean that I went in to the settings and then in to the phone settings but then I am not getting “Caller ID or Call Forwarding” which you all have specified that you are having, I really don’t have an idea why I am not having it, I am having a Verizon iphone. Does that matters??? Any further help for the same will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I am not very sure about it but then I have heard that this setting is present in the iphone from AT&T, I have found all the people having their iphone from them are having the settings but then you are the having the iphone from Verizon, I will find it out by asking people who are having iphone from Verizon to cross check if they are really having the same setting or not, till then you can try the same and let us know what response you get. Best of luck