Thread: iphone 2g is not working properly after erasing all contents and settings

iphone 2g is not working properly after erasing all contents and settings

I have been using a iphone 2g and it has been jailbreaked previously but then the phone is not working properly after erasing all contents and settings, I had followed the normal process of erasing where we used to get the logo and the progress bar but then I don’t know what went wrong with the process and the iphone did not return to its reset state. The only thing that I am getting is the logo, I have also tried to use the usb in order to connect it to the iTunes but then it is not getting connected at all. Is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it and can help me out as well?? Any help regarding the same will be appreciated.

Re: iphone 2g is not working properly after erasing all contents and settings

I have been using a iphone 2g and it has been jailbreaked previously but then the phone is not working properly after erasing all contents and settings, I had followed the normal process of erasing where we used to get the logo and the progress bar but then I don’t know what went wrong with the process and the iphone did not return to its reset state. The only thing that I am getting is the logo, I have also tried to use the usb in order to connect it to the iTunes but then it is not getting connected at all. Is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it and can help me out as well?? Any help regarding the same will be appreciated.
    I will suggest you to try out a hard reset first and in order to do so just follow the below steps:
    • Turn on the iphone.
    • After that just press and hold the Home and Sleep/Wake buttons for some seconds and release it when you get the black screen.
    • After the phone will reboot on its own but then if it does not do the same on its own then do it by using the Sleep/Wake button in a normal way.

Just try it out and then let me know if your phone is getting recognized by the itunes or not.

If that does not work then you can try out a Forced Restore:
    • First turn on the phone and then Slide Power Off slider, if you are not able to do so then you can do a hard reset that is specified above.
    • After that Open the itunes on your pc and then just Hold the Home Button of the phone while connecting it to the pc with a help of usb, when you get a message saying “an iPhone has been detected in Recovery Mode and you must Restore it to before it can be used with iTunes” then just click on ok and then proceed.
    • After this just Click on Restore then just confirm the message that you get and then click on “restore and Update” and then leave it till the process is complete.

Just try it out and then see if it is helping you out or not.

I have tried out the hard reset first and now the phone is getting recognized without any problem but then I am not able to complete the recovery process as it is getting failed in between, I mean that when I am connecting the phone to the computer using the usb then I am able to see the recovery logo and after that I am getting a full screen of a guy saying something, I don’t know in which language but after that I am not able to get any download or any kind of message box to help me with the further processes. Is there anything that I have missed out??

I think that you might have not logged I with a administrator, so just check it out and see if it is helping you out but then if it does not then I will suggest you to try out the recovery process using mac if it is possible.

I think that you might have not logged I with a administrator, so just check it out and see if it is helping you out but then if it does not then I will suggest you to try out the recovery process using mac if it is possible.
    Yes you were right I was not logged in with a admin account and because of it the itunes was refusing to complete recovery process but after that I had made sure that I am login with an admin account but then the process was still failing in between but then now I have tried out with the mac and I have completed the process. Why does it make difference like this?? Is this a common issue or what??

Here I will like to add that when you "erase all content and settings." Then even the os gets erased and there is a need to restore the phone after this and that is the reason why the phone does not gets recognized by the itunes because it is not having the os itself. The other thing that I wanted to share that the process fails with the mac as well, I mean that I have found that the recent 10.5.6 update has disabled the DFU Mode and because of this the phone does not gets recognized with the itunes, but then if you said that you were able to complete the process then I think that you might not be having the recent updates. The process is actually not making difference with other machine but then it is just it does not get the required things for the restoring process.

I think that the main confusion is with the title of the process i.e. “erase all content and settings” and I don’t think that it really sounds that it is having something related to the os as well. I think that even uf they are keeping the same title then there should be a warning message just when we click on that operation saying “ that you will also lose your os and all” or the whole component list that we will lose, This will at least give an idea to a new user who is actually not aware of the process.

I don’t think so, I mean that the title itself says that it is erasing all the content so one would not be surprised when the phone does not boot after the process.

I don’t think so, I mean that the title itself says that it is erasing all the content so one would not be surprised when the phone does not boot after the process.
    I don’t think that just mentioning all content says it all, I mean that even I had faced the same problem when I had used the “erase all content and settings”. I thought that it will just delete the data’s that I am having like the apps, photos videos and all but then I really was not aware that it will delete the os as well. I think that there should be warning messages for the same in order to avoid incontinence to the new users.

I think that there should have been a warning message but then I am happy that I have finally the issue that I was having, anyways thanks to you all for your help, I really appreciate it.