Thread: Sony Vaio Z Portability

Sony Vaio Z Portability

Is there someone who can tell me the real portability for the Sony Vaio Z. I think that the Serie S is additional probable. I am really confused between Serie S and Serie Z. I need to buy a laptop but I am confused between the sony Z and a S. I am not able to decide that which one to choose. Please provide me some suggestion. Thank you so much.

Re: Sony Vaio Z Portability

I think that the Sony Vaio Z is having the perfect balance between power and portability. Here are some of the main points of the Sony Vaio Z.
    • Sleek design and advanced features for business professionals.
    • Miniaturized electronics with 12-layer motherboard.
    • LCD 13.1 "16:9 widescreen with LED technology: extremely thin, with a high color fidelity.
    • Optimization of fuel consumption and extended battery life by allowing the selection of the graphics card dedicated or shared.
    • Innovative lightweight and ultra-resistant carbon fiber.
    • 3G WWAN mobile broadband connectivity at 7.2 Mbps integrated.

The VAIO Z series are the ultimate for managers and professionals. The unique notebook design was evolved directly from users. This is the result of the high technological skills. Don’t expect great performance from this in terms of the game but it’s the best for professional users.

The new VAIO Z models have been designed with the smallest details to get a perfect blend of form and function. Internally, there are the miniaturized electronic components including a motherboard to 12 layers of new generation, have been specially designed to minimize clutter. Externally, the innovative carbon fiber frame (material widely used in Formula 1 and aerospace industries) and provides tremendous strength which is remarkable aspect of portability: yet weighs less than 1.5 kg, the VAIO Z are tested to withstand accidental drops from a height of 72 cm.

In terms of the looks, the best part is the keyboard and it looks like a masterpiece of design: a unique and stylish brushed aluminum panel that covers the entire interior, stand rows of keys and well separated from the surface slightly concave, designed to make typing more more easy, quick and accurate.

Yes I agree but keyboard is Ok as the unique look of the VAIO Z is given mainly by cylindrical hinge between the base and the screen. Serves as a space for the battery and, during transport, provides a firm grip. These are placed at both ends of the input power cable and the power button. This emerald green lights when the system is active and pulses gently orange when the system is idle for a very elegant effect.

In order to prolong battery life, all the VAIO Z is equipped with a special switch, activating mode "Stamina", this allows the user to select between two graphics chipsets available: the NVIDIA GeForce 9300M GS for outstanding performance in 3D graphics or unbeatable Intel integrated power.

Here are the main features of the Z-Series ( Model: VGN-Z11VN / B )

• Operating System: Genuine Windows Vista Business
    • CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo P9500 2.53 GHz
    • RAM: 4 GB DDR2 SDRAM
    • Hard Drive: 320 GB
    • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 9300M GS with approx. 1500 MB total available graphics memory (Speed ​​Mode) and 256 MB of dedicated video memory. Total Available Graphics Memory refers to the Windows Vista classification, which varies depending on the operating condition, version of device driver and system memory size.
    • Optical Drive: DVD +-RW
    • Screen: X-black LCD WXGA 13.1-inch LED lighting
    • Safety: fingerprint recognition, TPM
    • Special commands: Stamina Mode switch
    • Wireless Connectivity: HSDPA 7.2 Mbps WWAN VAIO with Diversity antennas, Wireless LAN Intel, Bluetooth
    • Weight: 1.499 kg
    • Software: Adobe Acrobat Standard 8.0, Adobe Reader 8.1, Microsoft Office Ready 2007 (60 days trial), Adobe Photoshop Elements 6.0, Easy Media Creator 9, WinDVD 8.0 for VAIO
    • Frame construction: chassis and carbon fiber base

I think that Sony Vaio Z is redesigned and I am sure that this would have done in the best way to ngive us the best quality. Ant in terms of looks also it is quite good. So I am recommending you the Sony Vaio Z which will be best for you.

There are three special hardware buttons with Sony Vaio Z : Buttons VAIO, ASSIST and WEB allows the user to access the features you want by pressing just one button. WEB button allows access to the network without starting Windows at the time it is pressed. The button opens instantly VAIO Media Gallery software for enjoying photos and music, while the ASSIST button directly opens the VAIO Care software, which allows maintenance and resolve problems that may arise with the PC, to maximize their performance.

The device features a high definition webcam for video conferencing with Exmor sensor with high performance in low light conditions, and technology "Face Detection" allows the camera to automatically adjust and maintain focus while users are in motion.

Yes, this laptop is very portable and I can say this with confidence as I am using the same model and it is very comfortable to take this anywhere you want. This is light enough, you will be very comfortable to hold this in your hand.