Thread: BlackBerry Bold 9790 Screen is Glass or Plastic

BlackBerry Bold 9790 Screen is Glass or Plastic

i just see the picture of new release BlackBerry Bold 9790 and after seeing that i think Screen is plastic like in torch 9850/9860. its actually doesnt matter if there is Glass or Plastic screen. glass screen have there own advantage. actually i am hopung for a glass screen. anyway, anyone know which screen is there in BlackBerry Bold 9790, Glass or Plastic?

Re: BlackBerry Bold 9790 Screen is Glass or Plastic

i think its plastic screen. i know the Torch series and the Bold 9900 are glass screen but the 9700 & 9780 are plastic. and i as its a low cost bold so, it may be a plastic for sure. this is what i think and plastic screen is also best. and one more news i heard is, Telus said that its scratch-resistant, so after seeing such result i must say its a plastic screen.

if BlackBerry Bold 9790 screen is plastic than the only problem is that, its is a scratch eventually. and if its a glass or plastic we must need screen protector for both. so there are no harm for the scratches and all.

actually for me its doesnt matter if screen is glass or plastic. i always go with the functionality and its features. and for screen as OP said we necessarily need screen protector. and if i talk about the body than if screen is plastic than body must be polycarbonate, which is actually impact resistant. so i think we no need to worry about the screen. i am using BB mobiles from very long and still now i never thought about the screen and always put screen protector if its glass or plastic. for me both are same.

i am actualy waiting for the official information regarding screen. i am not worry about glass or plastic screen but if its gorila glass are there in Bold 9790 than i like most. anyway, if anyone found any official information about this than please post here. and if possible than please give me the link for the official announcement.

Yes i agree with you. i also looking for some official information and for this i just go through bb official site but i cant found any information there. they yet not mention anything about the screen, they just just the phone description and feature. and ya one more thing is, i am actually from india and i dont know when this phone going to launch in india, so just waiting for the launching date first and after start thinking about the screen and all.