Thread: Cinema Display flickering with 2011 MacBook Air 24"

Cinema Display flickering with 2011 MacBook Air 24"

I recently bought a MacBook Air 24" Cinema Display. The display works properly with an older MBP. Well yesterday I ordered the new MBA with Thunderbolt. i just found the article for the "flickering" and "black out" on certain issues - but I never read that anyone experiencing this problem! Apple assured to work on this problem, and also with software updates. so anyone here have flickering problem with your Cinema Display? anyone have any solution how can i fix the flickering issue?

Re: Cinema Display flickering with 2011 MacBook Air 24"

Thunderbolt is quite new - there may very well in a few weeks ago. If it really makes a lot - then it gets even faster. So if there is a second monitor stands around somewhere - I would not do anything.

The problem with the MacBook Pros since its release in February 2011. So Apple could deliver within 5 months of no satisfactory Uptade. Of course I hope that the new MBA is not the problem, but only by my compassion for all MBP users who sit on the last 5 months on faulty, just two years old displays, I'm a little annoyed. I'll wait and you know the results! But we now assume that the same problem existed. What can I do even with a warranty, which expires at 13:08:11, except to wait for an update, maybe that will never come. Apple would not compensate me. As a buyer, you have the right to a working product. Of course I understand that not everything is up to an Apple, it is backwards compatible from 1976. But here is a display that is published 2008.

occurs only in the context of the Apple Cinema Display My problem is with the 4.15 MBP with antiglare screen and 1GB graphics card. Mini Display Port to HDMI does not work (black screen), buy it now to Mediamark Mini DisplayPort to DVI, but unfortunately only get 1920 x 1080 resolution at 27 inch Dell monitor. My old MBP with a direct DVI connection has the full 2560x

Do you have the mini display port to DVI adapter from Apple or a third party product (if there such a thing)? For example, many low-HDMI adapter will transmit a maximum HD resolution (ie 1920 x 1080). I've connected my MBP to an external display with 1920x1200 pixels on a mini-DisplayPort to DVI adapter from Apple and it works without problems. Does your MBP ev in the energy saving setting an option to enable or disable the AMD graphics? If only the graphics chip is activated, this could possibly limit the resolution of the external display.

it seems difficult with older Macs, and Apple Cinema Displays to give. Several users report errors or short interruptions of the graphics monitor. Others may make the mistake of using only one current MacBook Pro fixed. In any case, some users has now been offered a replacement unit from Apple. It was mostly replaced the Cinema Display.

i just heard that apple newly released firmware update for Cinema Display. The firmware update is the solution for the trouble with a flickering screen. Many users of the 24-inch Cinema Display to display with a Mac with Thunderbolt-ports, ran into the trouble.

The new firmware is not officially announced by Apple and therefore no official support page. A URL to the DMG file that would contain the update is an Apple support representative to a Cinema Display which is redirected to solve his individual problem. The user has the URL to the firmware update posted on the Apple site. The file is on an Apple server.

there are lots of people already reported on many forum that they have installed the firmware update and the problems have so far not yet occurred. In many places users hereby note that the Cinema Display have not been extensively tested with the new firmware. Warn the user that its not so clear how the new firmware will behave after a few hours.

Apple has no official support page has been launched for the firmware update, we recommend that you back into the update to go. The lack of a support page was not sure whether the firmware update for all 24-inch Cinema Display's intended, or for a limited range. Trying out the firmware update is therefore entirely at your own risk.

for me, these are all unforgivable flaws originally a 999th expensive display. With the acquisition of the next screen, I'll probably test it extensively better before, so what should be obvious. If I have time, I will take over the display at the Apple Store and inquire about a possible replacement or repair.