Thread: How to save battery on Samsung Galaxy Nexus using the Wifi Sleep Policy

How to save battery on Samsung Galaxy Nexus using the Wifi Sleep Policy

I used wifi connection between Samsung Galaxy Nexus smartphone and my laptop. When i try to make this connection on wifi sleep policy, my mobile battery drops at certain stage. It happen only during wifi sleep policy enabled in phone. Otherwise not problem in that connections. Can anyone describe more things about it?? I want to save this mobile battery life. How can i do that process? Thanks in advance for any such help.

Re: How to save battery on Samsung Galaxy Nexus using the Wifi Sleep Policy

wifi Sleep Policy, was always the most power efficient for mobile battery. But reverse things had happen on your smartphone. In that situations, you need to just apply soft reset process on your phone. Try this by using Menu-> Setting-> Phone Setting->Factory Reset option. It works and in response you found that phone has works to save your mobile battery. This is well for you and it will be work to fix your battery problem.

Instead of doing this process, just simply check your output after rebooting smartphone. Rebooting process may be work to save this mobile battery that waste on this wifi sleep policy.

Quote Originally Posted by CassandraD View Post
    Instead of doing this process, just simply check your output after rebooting smartphone. Rebooting process may be work to save this mobile battery that waste on this wifi sleep policy.
    If you keep the Wifi radio turned on, definately you can save lot of battery during this wifi connections. Use this option at the time of making connections with the wifi networking devices. This is well for you to fix your wireless connections problem. Advanced-> Wi-Fi settings-> WIfi sleep policy provide you such option. USe it and check its result.

Wifi set to always on, while at not in useful situations, is being not sensible thing. I would be mention here for turn off your wifi connection when not in use. This is also work to fix your mobile battery wastage problem. Always turn off this wifi connection when not in use. Apply same thing with bluetooth policy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahalingam View Post
    Wifi set to always on, while at not in useful situations, is being not sensible thing. I would be mention here for turn off your wifi connection when not in use. This is also work to fix your mobile battery wastage problem. Always turn off this wifi connection when not in use. Apply same thing with bluetooth policy.
    Thank you for posting this. This is a great tip. I definately use it in my mobile phone. I hope that it will be work to fix such complicated waste of mobile battery problem. I hope that resetting on smartphone also works to fix such type of issues.